Chapter twenty one - Case dates

With a huff, I drop onto Sherlock's coach tiredly. As it seemed, time dragged on when all you were doing was making different drinks and serving food. Today a lovely lady called Hayley was assigned to train me, however it didn't take me long to learn the ropes, since when I was nineteen my first job was being a barista, back in my home town in Italy. I found it pretty easy to learn it all again.

I glanced down at my bag, and remember the menu I had to learn. Causing me to let out another sigh.

"Ah, Eleanor. You're back."

I turned my head to the left and witnessed Sherlock coming from his room. He's dressed in his normal style, but his hair is more neater and he looks more awake than he did this morning. "I'm not going through any more books tonight."

"Who said anything about books?" He asked, picking up his phone and typing away. "You need to get dressed, we're going on a date."

"What?" I asked, my eyes widening slightly.

"Yes, where two people go out and have 'fun'."

"...What?"

He stops typing and rolls his eyes, before picking up a folded piece of paper from the table and handing it me. I unfold it with curiosity, seeing that it was a poster advertising a 'Yellow Dragon Circus'. Realisation hits me when I figure out why he wants to go there. "This is for the case?"

"Obviously. I can't go alone in case something comes up, and John wouldn't come because he's going on a date with some woman he met at work. I suggested that he took her to the circus."

"...So we're also crashing John's date?"

"Sort of." He answered, a smug look on his face. This time it was my tern to roll my eyes, but I can't help the little smile that crept onto my face. I grab my bag and get off the couch before making my way to my flat. Like Sherlock, I don't make much of an effort considering it's just for the case. I keep on the jeans that I was already wearing and chuck on my favourite maroon-coloured sweater. I quickly brushed through my hair, shoved my phone into my back pocket and exited my apartment, locking the door behind me.

Sherlock was waiting outside my door with his hands in his pockets. "Shall we?"

"We shall." I smiled back, before we both made our way outside into the cool air. It was getting dark, and the thick clouds, grey as a stone pulled from a quarry, gave the monochromatic world outside a claustrophobic feel. We walked down the street for a couple minutes until we stopped a taxi, and hailed it before it could drive away.

Once we were there, I couldn't help but notice how abandoned the area looked. It was silent, and the litter blew around the street like tumbleweed. Sherlock didn't waste any time. He headed down the road in search for where the circus was being held, and I followed after like a lost puppy. I didn't want to spend too long out here anyway, the whole place gave me bad vibes.

Upon turning a corner, we found a building where people were waiting outside. I felt better now more people were in sight, and I followed Sherlock as he lead us to the inside of the building and towards the box office where we would have to go to buy our tickets.

"Actually, I have four names in that name." I could hear the manager say when we were closer to the box office.

"No, I don't think so. We only booked two." A familiar voice responded, and once me and Sherlock got closer I realised it was John and his date.

"And then I phoned back and got some for myself and Eleanor as well." Sherlock started, catching the attention of both John and his date who look at us in disbelief. "I'm Sherlock."

"And I'm Eleanor." I say, even though Sherlock had technically just introduced me. I hold a hand out, and the woman glances at John momentarily before shaking my hand a little nervously.

"Er, hi." She says, "I'm Sarah."

"Hello." Sherlock greets too, before giving her a fake smile and instantly turning a walking away. There's a short pause as Sarah watches Sherlock walk away from us all, a little surprised. I give her an awkward, fake smile too.

"Yeah, he does that." I tell her, not knowing at else to say.

There's a another awkward pause, and I decide to pull the same stunt as Sherlock and turn my back to walk away too.