Chapter Ten: Chill Pill.

Nikki here : ) Okay I'm literally asking you to read this book because I love it. It's on wattpad, it's called Luciano by taintedkissesxo. It's such a good story oh my god I'm not even lying.

Chapter Ten: "Chill Pill."

NOPE, NO WAY IS this girl getting the ball from me, I thought.

But Tanya was pressuring me from behind like she wasn't pulling at the back of my shirt. Like she wasn't just trying to kick my ankles. There was a certain level of aggressiveness to soccer but this girl is pushing past even my limits.

Eventually I found a way out of her reach and passed the ball up, practically yanking her hand off of my shirt. Jheeze what was wrong with her?

"Gosh." I muttered as Coach blew the whistle.

Anmol jogged over to me. "She's been giving you a hard time these past couple of days."

"Yeah, more so than usual." I muttered, reaching my hands up to tightened my ponytail.

"Want to hang after and study? We can go to the library in building C. We can invite Maddy."

"Yeah sure." I told her. "I got an essay due Thursday anyway."

After practice was over and my muscles were sore, Anmol and I walked on over to building C, a couple blocks away from campus. Her phone wouldn't stop ringing in her pocket and every time she looked down at her phone, she would roll her eyes, shut it off the put it back in her pocket.

"So you're just going to ignore me huh?" a voice said behind us.

Anmol stopped walking as I turned around to see Derek, wearing a thick sweater and jeans, his head tilted to the side as he nodded towards me and waited for Anmol to turn around.

"Derek." She said, turning around slowly.

A grin made its way to his face but quickly fell apart as she crossed her arms. That was the thing about Anmol that I understood now. She herself had either a very easy going presence or a serious one that came out sometimes. Kind of like Toby.

But right now, she was immensely shy. 

"Yeah?" He asked nervously, running a hand over the blonde scruff on his face. "Hey." 

"I kind of got the memo when you didn't pick up the phone." Oh so that's whose been calling her the entire walk to the building.

"Good, now get the memo as I leave." She turned around on her heel and walked ahead to the building.

Derek stood beside me as we watched the door close behind her. "Sam's girl right?" He asked me.

"I'm his girlfriend but yeah I guess."

"Did you ever not talk to him for something that happened in the past?" 

I raised an eyebrow. Anmol was simply embarrassed by the past. He knew that. Derek seemed to think I didn't know of what before he sighed. "I dated her sister for a bit but we ended things mutually because we realized we were better as friends. And Anmol, well, she confessed her feelings for me before I left for university but I didn't feel the same way back then." Oh. "To me, Anmol was always just there."

"Just there?"

"Yeah...I mean she's always there. We grew up in the same place. I saw her at least five times a week when we were younger. It's probably a huge coincidence that we just happened to attend the same university now. She could've gone anywhere like America to attend Berkeley or something but no she came to HDF. "