Bonus [2] : Have You Ever Heard of Stapling Your Lips Together?

Expect Caleb's story soon folks.

Bonus [2] : "Have You Ever Heard of Stapling Your Lips Together?"

"Elena." I groaned, feeling discomfort in my back. I pressed a hand to that area when Elena decided yet again that running and screaming was the right thing to do in the house. For the seventh time.

She's only been here for an hour.

Andrew tapped my shoulder, already moving after her. "I got her, I got her." He caught up to the almost seven-year-old and picked her up. She shrieked, and he laughed in response. "Come on, let's go swimming."

She squirmed her way out of his hold, almost flailing her hands that had black nail polish on her nails. "Yes!" She bolted upstairs with energy and excitement.

Way too much energy and excitement. I was getting drained just from the vibe of the child.

Andrew and I exchanged looks that showed similar exhaustion. I loved Elena as if she were my own child but how Ivan and Natasha handled her was beyond my belief. Her constant screaming and yelling blew my mind every time I saw her but the smile she gave anyone makes up for it all.

"Why don't you go rest?" Andrew asked.

"I can't just leave you with her." I exhaled, twisting my cell phone in my hands and adjusting my camera strap hanging around my neck and resting on the top of my stomach.

"Yes, you can. Natasha literally said that I'm the one that should be looking after her for today, not you. I'm off-season. And you're a whale-"

I hit him on his shoulder. "You're actually so rude."

"Okay," My best friend looked down at my stomach. "Maybe you're just a blowfish."

"Maybe you shouldn't call me anything that lives in the damn sea." I'm not SpongeBob. What I was was nine months pregnant, I thought, looking down at my very loose shirt that managed to cover over my stomach. If there was something I wasn't going to miss when the baby came out of me was maternity clothing. It wasn't just me who wasn't going to miss it. My husband couldn't care less but my mother-in-law hated them as much as I did.

"Whatever you say, whale." He pressed a hand to my stomach. My whale of a stomach.

When I had discovered I was pregnant, there was a whirl of thoughts going through my head.

One was that Maddy was beside me when I had a feeling at that time. That and I was late.

Maddy and I had lived together for a few years before Sam and I moved in together. Because of how much we were around each other while we were living together and after, our days usually linked up.

So, when Maddy had asked me that day about eight months ago if I had a tampon or pad, I froze.

I was late, and I didn't even think much of it.

Maddy and I proceeded to buy five pregnancy tests, ignoring the slightly judgmental look on the cashier's face and ran back to the apartment. Four of the five results read positive, thus making me mentally choked. I wanted to throw my birth control pills I had been on for five months in the trash.

We went to the doctor and the morning sickness I had been having was confirmed by the baby growing inside me, I called Sam right after. He had been at a game that day in another city on the other side of the country. I couldn't tell him that we're going to have a kid over the phone, so I waited three days.

Three days.

When he came home, I didn't even give him the chance to drop his bag. I let him take his hat off, take his headphone off his ears but that was it when I told him.