Chapter Fifty Two: Don't Discriminate My Memes.

Love 68 Days And Counting? Preorder your print copy of Hitting the Crossbar today!

Dedicated to @kenniiey for the amazing cover above :) I love itt

Last chapter? Lit. Epilogue will be up soon. Possibly 1-3 business days.

Chapter Fifty Two: "Don't Discriminate My Memes."

IT'S GOOD THAT dad didn't dropped a surprise on us like he and Danielle were about to get married or move in with one another. But a surprise happened a couple days later when I was sitting on the bottom of the bleachers on Bark-Ridge High with my friends around me. It wasn't that late but the sun was starting to make it's way down and the moon was rising high in the sky. Caleb said something that was completely off-topic. "I'm publishing another book."

Everyone's eyes went up to him, even Jacob shot up from where he was lying down on the grass of the field of our old high school. No one was really supposed to be here since it wasn't considered public but the boys didn't care. They dragged Stevie and me along by showing up at Stevie's house where we were today.

"What? You are?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah," Caleb leaned back against my good leg. "Why else did you guys think I stayed in Italy for all those months? I needed inspiration and I got it."

"What's it about?"

"It's about a martian that lands on earth and his only source of energy is eating brains. So he meets a girl and they fall in love but by the end of it he tries to resist but he ends up eating her brains like a zombie."

There was a moment of silence between all of us at the stupid words that came out of Caleb's mouth. Even Sam sighed and took out his phone, starting to play a game.

"Okay, now what's it really about?" Austin asked.

"It's not a love story."

"What?" Stevie inquired.

"So many books have romances no matter how big or small. They would just randomly insert it like an adventure book? Oh main boy character ends up feeling something for another minor or secondary character. Fantasy? Sci-Fi? Dystopia? Same thing. It's about a group of friends and the things happen in their lives. It focuses more on their friendship than a romantic relationship."

"Well, I know what I'm buying." Jacob said.

"You can't even read." Jon Ming told him.

"Shut up. I still got a higher mark than you at this school."

"It's because of your memory. No one said you understood all this shit."

"You wanna fight?" Jacob got up but Jon Ming was already scrambling to the other side of the field.