Chapter Fifty: Blow The Whistle

Thank you to @IntrovertsUnited (love your username) for the cute drawing above💓

you know what to do: point out the typos cause nic was half asleep writing 6000+ words today.

Chapter Fifty: "Blow The Whistle."

"IS IT WEIRD?"

"What is?" Natalie asked, turning her body to face me. She shoved her phone in her pocket, giving me her full attention. My cousin didn't look that different. Her blonde hair was in a bun and the mascara and eyeliner made her bright eyes brighter than I ever thought was possible. The crop top she was wearing showed her belly piercing she had told me about in February as well as the blue butterfly tattoo on her hip. I was pretty sure Uncle Anthony and Aunt Madelyn had screamed when they saw it.

"Having to see him everyday after what happened." I clarified.

Natalie blew a raspberry with her lips, lying back on the couch. "Yeah, for the next couple of days after we broke up it was like we constantly avoided each other which was weird considering we lived in the same place. Then I found a friend who let me crash at her place and now we don't talk."

"What are we talking about?" Natasha walked into the pool house, handing me a coke and Natalie a Sprite. Stevie followed behind, taking a seat next to me.

"Me and Jacob's failed relationship." Natalie mumbled, popping the can open.

"Yeah, what happened between the two of you?" Natasha asked, sitting down on the couch.

The last time I saw Natasha, her belly was barely swollen. Now it was almost seven months of her being pregnant and it was clear to say that she would was not able to hide it anymore. But there was an evident change in her appearance. She smiled more than I've ever seen her before. Maybe it was her and Ivan or the baby on the way or both. It was probably both.

"We just became different."

"Different?" Stevie inquired.

"We both wanted different things," She took another sip of her drink before putting it on the table in front of us. "So we took a break but didn't break up. Mind you, I said that we didn't break up. He had even said that we didn't break up. A break meant time away from each other-"

"Natalie, I think we get it." I told her, completely understanding.

"So, when Brandon and I were talking one night and he tells me that Jacob has gone with one of our friends. One of our girl friends. I didn't really care because it wasn't that big of a deal at the moment, she was our friend. I went to bed pretty early that night 'cause I had a test the next day and imagine my shock when I hear a sound, get out of my room and he practically tumbles in with our- my supposed friend. They were sucking face, possibly drunk out of their minds. I didn't really give a shit to be honest. So, I get pissed then he gets pissed claiming that we weren't really dating. So we're shouting at one another, Brandon takes my then friend home and we break up."

"She missed out a part." I said, glancing down at the messages streaming from my phone. The guys were out today doing only God knows what but it didn't stop Jon Ming and Caleb from blowing up the group chat I was in with just the two of them. I put my phone on airplane mode, shooting Natalie a look.

"What?" Stevie asked.

Natalie bit her lip as if she was trying to find a better way to tell them. There wasn't really a better way to say it. "I may or may not have thrown a plate at his head."

"He ducked at the right time." I added.

"Wow the Anderson aggression just runs in the family." Stevie muttered.