Chapter Forty: A Wannabe Burger.

Thank you so much to @Chocolateophobia for the cover at the top💖

Chapter Forty: "A Wannabe Burger."

"YOU KNOW SOMETHING?" Andrew said from my cell phone as I walked along the sidewalk, one hand in my pocket.

"What?"

"We've all kind of separated."

I almost bumped into a stranger at that statement, not watching where I was going. "We?"

"Not you and me specifically but in general. When was the last time you talked to Stevie?"

"A couple weeks ago." I answered, trying to make sure he wasn't right. Because I didn't think he was at all. I hoped he wasn't.

"Brandon?"

"Same."

"Jacob?"

I hesitated with my answer. Oh. "I think a month or two." Feels like I haven't spoken to that guy for a year. It was weird since him and Natalie broke up.

"Jon Ming or Austin?"

"A few days ago." I pointed out.

"What about Jasmine?" Andrew said her name her smoothly. I could've thought that we were talking about another Jasmine. "When was the last time you spoke to her?"

I licked my lips, opening the door to the building. "It's been a while."

"Mace," Andrew started. "I know that Jasmine and I are over but that doesn't mean that you had to end your friendship with her."

"It's not like we ended our friendship. We're both really busy."

"Busy?" Andrew asked and it was clear he didn't believe me at all. It wasn't like I wasn't trying to talk to Jasmine. It just felt like we didn't have much to talk about anymore. Whenever we used to talk, Andrew's name would pop up twenty-four seven and now I couldn't exactly bring him into a conversation. It just wasn't the same and I had a huge feeling that Jasmine knew it too.

"Yes. We're really busy." I emphasized, walking over to the private elevator.

"I know she did an unthinkable thing but I really think you should give her a chance. You said you wouldn't pick a side."

"I don't have to pick a side." I sighed. "Andrew, you're my best friend."

"So was she."

And then I admitted something that I didn't think I could say out loud but I did. "I don't know about that."

There was a pause in the background. "There comes a day when you realize that you were only friends with some people because you saw them five days a week."

"Why does that sound so familiar?" I asked, entering the elevator.

"Maybe because some idiot decided to put that in our final high school yearbook."

"Don't call Stevie an idiot. She was on that committee."

"Oops?" Andrew said sarcastically and I heard something fall onto a surface, probably the book.

"Why are you so sour suddenly?"

"You know Gianna?"

"Your boxing buddy?" I questioned, not even believing that one bit. Boxing buddy my butt. Maddy and I cyber searched that girl to find out stuff about her and all I could see was that she really liked boxing and that she was a crafty person. She had her own 'do It Yourself' channel on Youtube.