Chapter Thirty-Four: Date?

Dedicated to @chocolateophobia for the cute cover above! Thank you💞

Chapter Thirty-Four: "Date?"

"WHEN WAS THE last time you guys even talked?" Anmol asked me, tying her hair into a ponytail while staring hard at the words on her laptop screen.

I was lying down on the ground in her bedroom and Maddy was texting frantically on her phone beside my head. We were all supposed to be writing different notes and have been here for an hour without any progress. 

"That day," I spoke up. "Last week."

"It's been that long?" Maddy asked in wonder. She was there. She knew but even I had a hard time believing that Sam and I didn't speak through any form of communication for a week.

"Yeah. I felt like I would've have screamed at him or something if I didn't get away from him. Then Caleb had to force him not to text me or see me until I wanted him to see me."

"Wait, he wasn't at the game the other day?" Anmol asked.

"Oh, he was. He was just kind of hidden." Maddy mentioned. I didn't even react to that. I already knew that he was there even if I didn't see him.

"You know Valentine's day is tomorrow right?" Anmol asked.

"I'm aware." I answered, looking up at the ceiling and tapping my fingers against my stomach.

"So, what the hell is going to happen with the two of you?"

"I don't know." I admitted.

"Is he going to stop seeing Alexis?" Maddy asked.

"Madds, you're making it sound like Sam was seeing Alexis behind Macy's back-he wasn't right? Because if he was-"

It's really hard to believe that Anmol was the one who could barely speak to Sam months ago and now she says things like this.

"He's not cheating on me." I interrupted.

"We know that."

"Why does he think that Matteo is into you anyway?" Anmol asked looking confused.

"I have no idea. It doesn't make any sense to be honest. I have other guy friends and he has never seen any of them as a threat and I understand me being with Matteo more than him because Matteo and I have almost every class together but that's-"

"Bullshit," Anmol cut in. "He needs to trust you. He needs to trust that even if Matteo does something that you'll push him away. That you won't give in."

"Exactly." I agreed.

"Does Sam realize that he has to cut that bitch out of his life?" Maddy mumbled.

"Maddy..." I trailed off.

"It's true whether you want to say it out loud or not. She comes in thinking that Sam is going to dump you for her. She needs a reality check. Sam doesn't love her. He doesn't care to love her whether they had sex or not. He used her and he even let her know that he used her and that when they had sex it meant nothing. Nothing. Nada. Zipo. Zlich. Zero."

Maddy sighed. "The worst part is if he stays friends with someone that's trying to pull your relationship apart. He can't do that. He can't allow such a toxic person in his life like her who not only ruins your relationship but also makes you of all people insecure. Like you're Macy, you're usually not supposed to be insecure."

"She's kind of right. You kind of don't care about what people think about you." Anmol added.

"Yeah, like Sam. And the fact that this person is making you doubt yourself is stupid. So what if she had just so happened to have sex with Sam two years ago? Like who cares? Sam doesn't. It's irrelevant. Just because you haven't had sex with Sam-"