chapter 15

Jessica sighed as she sat in the backyard, still mourning the loss of Oddball, then saw a familiar cat and forced herself to be social with her. "Hello, Ms. Mittens, how are you?"

"I'm looking for that B-Dawg, have you seen him?" the cat sounded angry.

"No, I haven't seen him or the Buddies or Patch or Colette or Oddball or even Buddy and Molly and I can't seem to find Atticus, Mo, or Cherry either." Jessica said, confused of where they might be.

"Well, if you see that boy, you tell him that he needs to stop chasing my kitten!" Ms. Mittens looked very firm and angry about B-Dawg. "You tell his parents that he's gonna end up in the pound too!"

"Wait, you mean you saw him?" Jessica asked.

"Yes, days ago, but not recently," Ms. Mittens replied.

"Did you happen to see Oddball with him?" Jessica asked hopefully. "She's my dalmatian, she has a few spots on her legs and has more coming in and has a pink nose with a purple collar?"

"No, I just saw him at that truck." Ms. Mittens said.

Jessica sighed. "Well, thank you, Ms. Mittens... Wait, what truck?"

"Over there?" Ms. Mittens gestured to the ice cream truck making a round.

Jessica looked closely and could've sworn she saw a tiny football on the vehicle. "Budderball?" This then gave her an idea what to do.

Christopher was coming out with two cups of hot chocolate. "I know you miss Oddball, but I got you some--" he then looked around for his future wife. "Jessica...?" He then saw Jessica going after a truck.

"Jessica!" he called out. "Where are you going?!"

"I'm bringing Oddball home!" Jessica called back.

Christopher could already tell this might be there first adventure so he decided to come along with her. Jessica kept chasing down the ice cream truck, not caring how far it was going. Christopher continued to follow after his fiancée.

Jessica ran with ease while Christopher slightly panted. "Hey, Chris!

"Hey..." Christopher panted as he couldn't run as fast as her. "Wow! You're really fast..."

"Thanks, it helps being on the gymnastics team." Jessica said.

"You've always been impressive." Christopher smiled back.

"I know." Jessica said.

They kept running and then ended up in the airport.

"There's the ice cream crate!" Christopher pointed.

Jessica rushed right over to the crate.

Christopher ran with her. "I gotta tell you, Jessie, this is something I never thought I'd see myself doing... I mean... What happens when we have kids?"

"I like the names Riley and Bonnie." Jessica smiled.

"Oh, no, Jessie, I don't mean right now!" Christopher smiled nervously about becoming a father.

"It's okay, we've got plenty of time." Jessica said.

"Yeah..." Christopher chuckled. "So, uh, Riley and Bonnie?"

"Well, Riley's a unisex name..." Jessica shrugged. "Might be good for our first child."

"Cool." Christopher smiled.

"Yeah," Jessica smiled as they sat together to hide out when the delivery would be sent to Alaska. "It's a nice name... Um... How about this... Riley Jillian Anderson if it's a girl or Riley William Anderson if it's a boy?" she then suggested.