chapter 17

Well, almost everyone, the others were still hurrying the best they could to find the missing Buddies, Patch, Colette, and Oddball with the help of Bernie the St. Bernard.

"We need to stop and rest." Christopher panted.

"Oh, all right..." Jessica said, then stopped with him and called to the others. "Come on, guys, take five!"

"It's probably for the best, it's getting dark." Atticus said.

"Thank you..." Christopher sounded relieved.

"Atty, what do you think of the name 'Riley'?" Jessica asked her younger brother.

"I think it's a perfect name." Atticus said.

Jessica smiled back.

"Are you, um,..." Mo was about to ask. "Expecting anyone?"

Jessica looked slightly nervous then as Christopher was distracted by the dogs. "Um... I-I-I think so..."

"Aw!" Mo smiled.

"I don't know for sure, but I've been extra tired lately and I've been craving fish a lot..." Jessica replied. "I haven't taken a test yet though."

Atticus then conjured up a thermometer and where nothing seemed to go wrong. "Looks like Wiccan magic isn't affected by Alaska's weather." he then said.

"Huh, I've never heard about that..." Jessica replied.

"I learned about how the weather here affects warlock's and witch's powers." Atticus said before putting the thermometer away and then conjuring up a pregnancy test and the conjured up a cabin for them to sleep in with bedrooms and a bathroom.

Jessica took the pregnancy test, already knowing it was for her. "Thanks, Atty."

"Sure." Atticus smiled.

"Let's quickly go inside." Mo shivered.

With that, they did as suggested. Jessica went into the bathroom before anyone else, feeling she needed it more right now than anyone else.

"Now, we just have to wait for her to get her answer." Angel said.

"What's a stick gonna tell her anyway?" Danielle asked.

Patch nervously looked to the younger ones who looked curious themselves. "Um... Five minutes later..." he then said, deciding to change the subject before they would ask where babies came from.

Atticus, Mo, Christopher, and the dogs soon heard Jessica's scream of joy from the bathroom.

"Jessica!" Christopher ran to the bathroom door.

Jessica opened the door and wrapped her arms around his neck nad planted several kisses onto his face.

"Jessica, what is it?" Mo asked.

Jessica had joyful tears in her eyes. "I'm going to have a baby!"

Atticus gasped, feeling the most shocked. "Y-You mean I'm gonna be an uncle?!"

"How did you take it, Dad?" Akito smiled.

"I was totally cool." Atticus smiled.

"More like so excited just as your aunt that your dad fainted." Mo said.

"I did not faint..." Atticus stuck his tongue out.

Unfortunately, Atticus was a terrible liar as the flashback shows that he did faint from the news.

"Daaaad...?" Akito, Estelle, and Vincent looked to their father.

"Okay, so I fainted..." Atticus then admitted.

"I can't believe you did," Mo laughed. "Not even Twilight fainted when Cadence was pregnant with Flurry Heart."

"No, she didn't." Atticus said.

Mo just laughed. Atticus sighed and rolled his eyes to his wife.

"I'm going to be a father?" Christopher sounded surprised.

"Yes, isn't that great?!" Jessica smiled.

Christopher sat down on his bed and held his head.

"I'm going to be a mother!" Jessica squealed.

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Mo smiled.

Atticus eventually woke up. "Congratulations, guys... But... You aren't married yet... When did you start thinking about having children?"

Christopher and Jessica looked nervous then.

"Really?" Mo asked.

"Uh, let's go to sleep." Jessica changed the subject.

"Agreed." Christopher said.

Angel yawned and stretched. "Now that you mention it, I do feel rather sleepy."

"Me too..." Scamp agreed.

"I need my beauty sleep." Annette nodded.

"I guess a little sleep could work." Scamp yawned.

Danielle snored loudly, already having fallen asleep.

"I guess Danielle already had that thought in mind." Molly giggled.

"Night, everybody," Buddy said. "Hopefully we find the others tomorrow morning."

"I certainly hope so." Jessica agreed as she worried about Oddball.

"I know we will." Bernie said.

"Thanks for your help so far," Mo smiled to Bernie as she got into a bed. "We really appreciate it."

"It's the least I can do." Bernie smiled.

"Good night..." Mo pulled her bandanna down over her eyes.

The others said good night to each other and decided to get some sleep for the night after a big day. The next day, they would continue on.