Acting Out

"Good morning." Nash told Rikki as she entered the café, but she ignored him.
A bit confused, he grabbed his drink and went after her. "So what are you doing today?"
Rikki kept ignoring him. "Go get me a mint and watermelon smoothie." Rikki ordered one of the waiters and turned to check the daily income.
"Earth to Rikki..." Nash joked.
"What?" Rikki finally stopped ignoring him and picked her head up angry.
"Are you ignoring me?" As he realized what was going on, Nash's smile got wiped off his face.
She didn't answer, and just kept walking to her office, but he followed her. "What's going on?" He took her hand in his.
"What was, was. I don't have to explain anything to you, and I don't have to talk to you. So just forget it." She said angrly and closed the office door behind her, leaving him speechless.
Even Rikki was shocked by her response, as she stayed laying against the other side of the door, thinking about what she said. She was too harsh, she knew that, but the girls were right. It's not fair for them to involve anyone else in the drama that's going on in their lives.

As Nash left through the main door, Cleo and Emma walked in. Cleo was about to say hi, but he walked pass them, not noticing he was there.
"What's eating him up?" Emma said to Cleo, who just pulled her shoulders and sat down in a table.
"So anyway, you never got to see the place the other day, so here we are. Rikki's café!" Cleo said proudly.
"The place looks great." Emma said and got up. She walked over to the stage where the band usually played.
"That's for Nate and Bella's band. They perform here about once or twice a week, it depends."
"I can't believe Zane actually got her the place." Emma said, giggling.
"Well he did." Rikki showed up behind the two.
"I'm just glad that the place is in good hands." Emma said and hugged Rikki. "So... Are you two still together then?"
An awkward silence stroked the conversation. "Uh... It happened in the past year." Cleo mumbled awkwardly.
"Well, I'm totally over it." Rikki said emotionless.
"So over it she even went on a date last night!" Cleo winked and poked Rikki's arm.
"Stop calling it that way! It wasn't a date, we just watched a movie," Rikki said and walked toward a table.
"With who?"
"Nash!" Cleo said, imitating an in love voice.
"Has he tried to tried to kiss you?" Emma asked excited.
Rikki waited a second before replying. "No."
"Then what are you worrying about?" Emma said while sitting down, followed by the others doing the same.
"Nothing, except the fact she got wet." Cleo turned to Rikki, waiting for her response.
"Did he see anything?" Emma asked, lowering her voice.
"No! He suspect absolutely nothing, trust me."
"Just remember to be careful, Rikki. Most of our relationships-" Emma started saying, but was cut off by Rikki.
"What?" Rikki said, narrowing her eyes into an angry expression.
"They all started with joy and ended up with someone blubbering about mermaids."
"You know, for once, I thought you'd be happy for me." Rikki said and got up. She walked to the door and left.

SKIP

It was around 8, when Nash got to Will's boat shed. The bright night skies were filled with stars above him. Even though it was the end of the summer, it was quite cold, like the end of the fall, and every one of his breaths created a vapor cloud.
He walked to the door, but stopped as he heard talking through the open window. He got closer, placed his legs on a little wooden crate that leaned against the wall, and watched quietly what's going on inside.
"I'm so glad we get to spend some time together." Bella said, taking another alice of pizza from the box.
"Sorry again for all this Nash thing." Will said, with his arm around her. "It's not his fault, though."
"I know, I know. I'm not mad at him.... I just wish I had some more time with my boyfriend." Bella said, and with that they both silenced and watched the movie that played in a small portable TV that was placed in front of them.

That was enough for Nash. Even though Bella said she wasn't mad at him, he felt guilty. Not many things mattered to him in life, so when he felt guilty - it had to be special. Nash was the type of guy who simply don't give a fuck - not about people, laws, respect, or sanity of his action - he just acted by want. He never cared about other people's feelings, or who's getting hurt by his actions, unless they are really close to him. Then he would feel guilty.

Nash walked his way home, which wasn't that far away from Will's, until finally reaching the family's house. Their house wasn't big, and had two floors. The first floor had a bathroom, his parents bedroom, a kitchen, a dining room and the living room. It also contained a small office for his mother, who was a psychologist, and had her meetings in there.
The second floor contained another bathroom, and two bedrooms, one for Nash and one for Evie.

As Nash walked in only his mom was in the living room, with Evie being in her room and his dad sleeping after a long day of work. It was already 9, and he started to feel hunger climbing up his stomach. He went to the kitchen, grabbed a bag of Doritos and a bottle of water, and went up to his room. Though hungry, he wasn't really in the mood of doing anything. He took a sip of the water, turned the lights off and laid in his bed. Only a few moments passed before he fell asleep.

SKIP

"So where's Bella?" Emma asked as she walked inside the girls' apartment with Cleo. Cleo invited her to have some time with her and Rikki so they could catch up a little bit.
"Oh she's just with Will." Cleo answered and led Emma to take a sit.
Rikki organized the living room into a small slumber party, like that night at Emma's, almost three years ago. She placed some blankets on the floor, some pillows, and got them all hot tea.
"You know, I'm so glad I'm back. I've missed you so much!" Emma said, grabbing her cup.
"We missed you too! Especially Rikki. She first thought she wouldn't make it thpugh senior year without you!" Cleo bragged to Emma.
"Don't tell her that!" Rikki said and hit Cleo with a pillow, and the three laughed.
After the laughs faded away, Rikki and Cleo looked at each other and Emma could see they exchanged looks.
"What is it?" Emma asked, a bit confused.
"We wanna make you an offer." Cleo said with a big smile.
"We want you..." Rikki started.
"...to come live with us! Here!" Cleo ended, and they both waited passionately for Emma's response.
"Wow." Emma was shocked. "Gee, guys, I don't know. I guess that... OF COURSE!"
And they all screamed of happiness.
"Wait, wait-" Emma suddenly said. "What about Bella?"
"Oh we have a guest room that has your name on it." Rikki said and waved her hair sarcastically. "Come check it out!" She said and the three got up and walked to the guest room.