Better

Bella rushed to Mako Island, followed by Will's speed boat. Earlier, the two girls dragged Nash to the shore, and Bella went to get help while Rikki watched over him.
Bella rushed into the apartment where Will was, and told him what happened. Together, they both took off to Mako, in order to get Nash to the mainland.

Rikki walked back and forth on the warm afternoon sand. She was worried, she was goddamn worried. "It's all my fault, it's all my fault..." She repeatedly mumbled to herself.
She looked at Nash, laying unconstitutionally on the beach, and she felt like a hole was torn in her heart. He never wanted to hurt me, she thought. All he wanted was to be like us... And I can't blame him for that. He is-
Something interrupted her thoughts. It was a dim motor noise, getting clearer and clearer with every second. In a few seconds, she already saw the boat - which she recognized as Will's - in the horizon, following a white trail in the water, which was Bella.
"How is he?" Bella asked and dragged herself on the shore of Mako Island.
"Still not breathing." Rikki said nervously.
Will jumped out of his boat and rushed to his friend, laying his head against the boy's chest. "I can hear his heartbeat, but's it's very slow." He said coolly. "We need to get him to an hospital as soon as possible."
"We can't do it!" Rikki protested, trying to stop Will from lifting Nash. "You can't put him in an hospital, they'd find out pretty quickly there's nothing normal with him!"
"So you'd rather let him die?" He said, and without waiting for an answer, laid Nash inside the boat.
"Will's right Rikki." Bella said, still laying in the shallow water next to the boat. "Whatever happens next, we can deal with, but we cannot let him die on us right now."

SKIP

The group waited nervously for the doctors to update on his condition. While they were there, Will already called Cleo and Emma and told them to come. Nash's family was also called to and they were on their way.
The five friends stood in the white waiting room, and waited for an update. A doctor walked to them while looking down to his clipboard. Dr. Throne, as his name badge would suggest, was a middle age man. His hair was already grey, and he had small metal glasses. Although his age of approximately 45 years, he was well built and seemed to be pretty in shape.
"You're the friends of Mr. McLaren, right?" He said while tapping his pen on the papers. The group nodded, yet none made a sound. "Well, I'm not allow to update anyone but family members, but let me guarantee you he's going to be alright." They all felt relieved. "Yet, I have some questions I would love for you to answer."
"What?" Rikki said in confusion.
"Take a seat, please," Dr. Throne gestured towards one of the benchs in the waiting room. The girls already felt the tension rising in their blood, especially Rikki. She had a funny feeling his in stomach about this, and she knew she had to be careful.
The man wrote some things in his papers then raised his head to them. Rikki sat in front of him, Bella to her side, and the rest stood behind them.
"Where exactly did you find Mr. McLaren's body?" He asked calmly.
"On the beach," Will quickly replied.
The man scribbled in his papers a bit before he continued. "All of you?"
"The three of us," Will said, pointing at Bella and Rikki.
"And he was already unconscious when you found him?"
"Yes," Rikki answered. The man continued to write in his clipboard.
"And what did you do next?"
"I'm sorry, is this some kind of investigation?" Rikki asked, raising an eyebrow.
"I'm just doing my job, ma'am. Now please," He said, gesturing them to continue.
"Well, we all walked by the beach when we came across him. As close friends we instantly recognized him and so we took him to our car and brought him over to here." She said.
"Was he alone out there?"
"We definitely did not see anyone else." She said in her regular sass.
"Any idea what happened to him?" The doctor asked, very patiently now.
"How should I know? Why would you even ask me that!?" Rikki said.
"Well, while I'm not allowed to say much, his inner injuries shows signs of a lightning attack, although on a much smaller scale. He is way better than most lightning survivors, yet his condition is definitely suspicious. Especially since it's one of the sunniest days of all summer, not even one cloud in the sky."

SKIP

It was close to midnight. The gang was still in the waiting room, only now they worried less. Well, about Nash, at least. He still hasn't woken up, but he now was with his parents and sister surrounding him.
Rikki still walked back and forth nervously.
"What are you worried about? He's fine." Emma said.
"I don't know..." Rikki didn't bother looking at Emma. "If it wasn't me he would've never gotten hurt in the first place... It's all my fault."
"We're just lucky he's out alive." Bella added.
"But...why?" Rikki stopped in her place. "You heard the doctor... He basically got fried on the inside! How could he survive this?"
The guys exchanged looks. "Maybe it wasn't hard as you think?" Cleo said.
"No way." Rikki disagreed. "I know my powers, and I felt the energy at that moment. He shouldn't have survived this."
Will then said, "Rikki I-" but got cut in Evie walking in.
"He's up."

The group rushed into the room.
"Easy, easy, kids." Ms. McLaren waved her hands at them to slow down.
"Nash? How are you?" Emma asked, and placed her hand on his shoulder.
Nash slowly sat up in his bed and said, "Better, I guess."
"We were so worried." She hugged him, followed by all the other.
"Easy, kids! Give him some space." Mr. McLaren said and broke the group hug.
"Nah, that's fine dad, I'm feeling fine."

"Good, you're awake. I was hoping for that." Dr. Throne walked in the room, followed by two younger doctors, probably interns.
"We need to get to Ultrasound so we could check up the healing of your internal organs." He said as the two inters, a blonde girl and a guy with glasses, got a grip of the bed on each side. "I gotta tell you kid, you are a pretty lucky one. Most people don't survive this kind of shocker. What happened?"
Nash looked at Rikki, and their eyes locked, "I don't quite remember."
"Oh well, that's common. I believe that your memory would return in the next forty-eight hours, which you'd spend here, in the hospital. But for now, we have to check what's going inside of you."
The two interns rolled the bed out of the room and were followed by Nash's parents. "That's all so weird." Evie said and sat down on one of the chairs in the room.

SKIP

In roughly 30 minutes the Dr. Throne walked in the room, followed by three other doctors. Unlike the pervious ones, these were definitely not inters, and seemed to be head of different departments at the hospital.
"Is everything alright?" Ms. McLaren's eyes started filling up with tears to the sight of the doctors.
"In a matter of fact, it couldn't be better." Dr. Throne said and walked three steps deeper in the room. "This had caught me by surprise, it caught all of us by surprise, but your son seems to be pretty fine. Even better, he completely healed up, and if I didn't knew better, I would release him even tonight."
This caught all of them by surprise. How could it be? The boy wasn't near death this afternoon, but in less than seven hours he's completely fine?
Mr. McLaren was the first one to speak. "So, what are you saying is... We can go home?"
"As I see it, yes you can." Dr. Throne said.

They all left the hospital forty minutes later, walking outside in the cold night air.
"This... This is a miracle!" Mr. McLaren said, and hugged Nash, who was still drugged from the pills, but other than that, was healthy as always.

SKIP

Nash sat on the edge of the canal, his feet dangling above the water. The sun already started to sat on another day, and he ripped the leaves out of a small branch that laid on the ground next to him. Rikki showed up behind him.
"You wanted to see me?" She asked, and set down by him, the cold evening wind blowing through her hair.
"Yeah... Look." He swallowed. "After tomorrow, well... We can't just put it behind us, you get it?"
"Of course." Rikki looked to the ground,sorting her thoughts,
"I just think we'd better a little time off, some time to be separated... so I could sort out my wants and priorities. I hope you're not mad."
"No, I'm... I'm fine, I get it. It's not easy to date a mermaid," Rikki said.
"Then I guess it's not easy to date a merman either." Nash looked at his reflection on the water.
"So, friends?" Rikki sent her hand towards him.
"Friends."