Ain't No Valentine

"Where are we going tonight?" Evelyn popped behind Nash who was sitting at the cafe, sending emails on his laptop.

Before he got to answer, she spoke again. "Is it a movie? A resturant? Or this cool new place where everything is unicorn themed!?" She said in excitement.
"Tonight?" He asked while getting in focus.
"It's Valentine's day!" She squeaked in pure joy.
Nash's eyes widened. "Oh, Evelyn, I can't... I can't take you out tonight. I'm sorry." He said, the full moon on his mind.

"What? Why not?" She said in disappointment.
"It's just... I can't, please trust me." He said and closed up his computer, getting ready to leave.
Evelyn stood up, still in her energetic usual self. "How about we'd stay in tonight? Your place."
"Um..." Nash hesitated. Trouble could always occur, even inside. Should he take that risk? Nash looked deeply into her begging eyes. "Okay, fine. My place at eight." He said and kissed her cheek before taking off.

SKIP

Nash walked into a big hall at South Coast High School. The room was crowded with many people, young guys and girls, together making the loudest noises he had ever heard.
"Yeah, Will? I'll have to talk to you later." He said and hung up.

At this hall were the auditions to the music program scholarship at Seattle Academy Arts & Sciences. Any musician with some sense would come to audition, and Nash was no difference. And just like Nash, there was someone else there.
"Bella!" Nash called and walked towards her.
Bella, who noticed him a second too late, found herself failing to avoide him in the crowds.
"Are we gonna pretend like nothing I said yesterday ever happened?" He said, his arms open towards her.
"Please just go, it's harder when you're around." She said quietly and in frustration.
"What's harder?" He said, walked a step closer.
"Forgetting you," She said, leaving him not knowing what to say. After a shot silence she said, "I spoke to Rikki last night, about forgiving you. About taking you back. She didn't wanna hear about it, she said we should never talk to you again, so you could never 'use our words against us'. I try, I try so hard, but I can't ignore you forever. I believe you when you said you didn't tell Sophie." She concluded, then took a deep breath. "You are my friend,"
Nash couldn't help but smile. "Awww, I missed you so much!" He said and hugged her to her surprise. "There's gotta be someway to prove them I never did it. You could talk to them, tell them-"
"No, no! They can't know I'm takling to you, this has to be a secret." She said.
He took a deep breath. "Okay then. Our secret."

SKIP

Zane placed a cup on Rikki's desk, as she was working the taxes on her computer. "What that?" She asked.
"Just coffee," He said leaning against the table, sipping his own coffee.
"Since when do you bring me coffee?" She said.
"Would you rather some hot chocolate?" He said, half smiling at her.
"You should go, you don't wanna miss your flight." She ignored his question, just wishing he'd disappear.
"Ah, it's fine, I pushed it a couple hours." He says calmly.
"You know, all those secret 'making up' plans like bringing me coffee and hanging around me all day, it's manipulative." She said.
"Aw, don't see it that way." Zane said and walked closer to her. "I'm just being nice, you know, since it's Valentine's."
"Valentine's? Zane, we are not a couple." She said and pushed him away, still sitting in her chair.
"We're getting there."
"Are you mad!? How do you expect me to forget you after you've teamed up with Sophie against me that other day?" She stood up.
Zane had nothing to say. "You know what? Get out!" She said and pushed him out of her office. "And from now on you're banned from the café!"

Rikki closed the door behind him and leaned against it. How come I always end up with the fucked up ones? She thought to herself.

SKIP

It was around 8:30, Nash and Evelyn were in his room, watching a movie together on his small TV. The moon was up for a few hours now, and Nash made sure the entire room was moonlight proof. Although it was hard explaining to Evelyn, he found the right excuse for her to stop asking questions.
"I gotta pee," Nash said and took Evelyn's arm from around his neck. "Be back in a second." He said and walked towards the bathroom.

After he finished, he took a quick look at the mirror, checking himself up. A small yellow drape behind him was blown by the cold night wind. All of a sudden he paused. As he looked in the mirror, he could see the weak reflection of the full moon. Suddenly, he felt his blood rushing, his heart was beating faster, his entire body being taken away into this state of mind. He felt a strong urge to touch water, to feel the wetness against his skin as if it was the driest he ever felt. He tried so hard fighting it, but the full moon worked its magic, and within a few seconds Nash opened the tap, and allowed the water to flow. In ten seconds, Nash found himself on the ground, now away from the reflection of the moon, shocked at what happened. He quickly grabbed a towel and began to dry himself.

It's been five minutes later, when Nash realized he's not drying at all.
A knock was heard on the door. "Nash? Is every thing okay there?" Evelyn said.
"Um, yeah," He mumbled as he tried to reach out to his phone, that was still by the sink.
"Are you sure? Maybe I could help-" Evelyn started saying as she pushed the door open
Nash quickly slammed the door shut with his tail, before she got to see anything. "I'm fine, just, um, just wait for me, okay? Shouldn't be much longer." He said, now lifting himself on the toilet, failing to get to his phone.
Eventually he got it, and quickly called Will for help.

Will arrived after ten more minutes, and he entered Nash's room.
Evelyn turned around to the sound of the door. "Will? What are you doing here?"
"I-uh... Nash told me to get some pizza for you two tonight," He stuttered.
"Where's the pizza?" Evelyn asked, looking at him confused.
"Guess I forgot it. Do you mind?" He said and pushed his way to the bathroom door, and carefully opened it. "Um, uh, guy stuff. Just a second." He said and quickly closed the door behind him.
"Dude, what's going on?" Will asked as he got on his knees.
"The tail won't go away! Look, I'm completely dry," Nash said and placed Will's hand on his tail. "Please tell me you know what to do."
"Um, guys?" Evelyn's voice was heard from behind the door. The weather outside is going crazy."
Will looked out the window. Evelyn was right. The rain quickly changed into hail, then into a powerful storm with a lightning that was close from striking the house.
"It's gotta be my powers, they're getting out of control!" Nash said.
"Well I guess that until the moon will set, she cannot be here. It's too dangerous." Will said, then opened the door. "Evelyn, I think it's the best you'll, um... go home. It's somewhat if a personal business we need to discuss and it might, uh, take a while." He said.
"What? I-I don't understand. It's Valentine's day. It's our Valentine's date! What's going on here?" She asked, almost losing her mind.
"You better get going, I'm sorry." He said and pushed her out of the room, then shut the door behind her. He returned to the bathroom and locked the door. "Guess I'm staying with you tonight."

SKIP

Sophie sat by the edge of the water of the moon pool. Her head was cradled in her arms, her legs pulled close to her body. She needed a moment to think about everything she discovered. So it's true, She thought to herself. The girls really are mermaids, I can't believe it. All this time, this entire year, and I figured nothing. Nothing! And it was so obvious something wasn't normal!
Lost in her thoughts, the water inside the pool started to glow, and bubble in a magical way. She looked up, and saw the moon rising up above her head, fitting perfectly with the hole of the volcano. So that's how it works. She thought. So simple. If onlyI was like that too, if only-