Beautiful Corruption

It was early noon when Zane heard a knock on the door. He paused the show on TV and walked to the door. He opened it to see Sophie standing at the entrance to his place.
"Sophie? What are you doing here?" He asked in surprise.
"I need to talk to you," She said and was on her way in, but he blocked her by closing the door on her.
"Sophie, it's over between us," He looked at her in confusion through the narrow space between the door and the doorframe. "In a matter of fact, there never really was us."
Sophie's heart was pinched in the hearing of these words, but that wasn't why she came.
"That's not it," She said.

Zane gave her an untrusted look that was followed by an awkward silence.
"Just let me in." She said in an agressive tone and pushed her way in with her small, agile body.

As she looked around she was amazed to see the big house was really white on the inside just like on the outside; Most of the furnitures were white, or in the closest shade of gray. Even Zane's t-shirt was white. For her, it looked so sanitized and clean it was unbelievable.
Zane closed the door behind him in dissatisfaction.
"What are you doing here?" He repeated.
"I want to talk to you about Rikki."
Zane's eyes went dark.
"What do you mean?" He said.
"Well, Rikki and the rest," She continued. "I always figured there was something weird about them. They always had this...thing around water." She paused. Zane felt his heart beating faster and faster in his chest. Sophie sat down on a white cuoch and continued. "I personally always assumes they're just weird, but recently I've becamed aware of something- or should I say, someone- that made me see everything in a new light." She walked up to him and got really close, so close she could feel his breath on her face. "Do you see where I'm going with this?"

Zane didn't know if that meant she knew or she didn't, and if should he confess or not. Sophie was a one to get what she wanted by manipulating: she twisted the truth, sometimes until it was unrecognizable, to get what she needed. Therefore, Zane couldn't tell if she meant what she is saying; all he knew that the girls' entire future could depend on what he'd say next.
"I-I don't know. Maybe. I need to breathe."
Sophie knew she caught him in the palm of her hand. Zane wasn't dumb, but he was easier to manipulate than dough.
"What do you know about this boy, Nash? I heard you had a little...collusion with him not too long ago." She said.
"Why do you think I know anything?" He sounded insecure.
"Aren't you the one who knows everything about everyone in this town? And even if not, wouldn't you learn everything you could about the guy who stole your girlfriend - anything that could hurt him?" She said, but Zane remained quiet.
"Well I think you would, and I think you did," She said, and looked at him, as if she was looking for the smallest clue in his face that would extradite all he knew. "You know something, Zane, you know more that you pretend to know, and more than you tell me."
"Why would I tell you anything? You are the exact one who got us in trouble that night on Mako, not speaking of all the other mess you caused in your short time at the café."
Sophie hesitated for a moment; she definitely wasn't prepared for him to fight back, but that's fine, she thought to herself. I can handle this.
"What is this really all about?" He asked her. "Are you still jealous I chose her over you? Cause if that's the case, I-"
Sophie jumped. "What does it has to do with anything?"
"Why do you care so much about Rikki?" He yelled.
"I'm just trying to warn you-" She exclaimed.
"Well maybe, just for one tiny second, did it ever crossed your mind that I don't need your help?" Zane yelled loudly, followed by a deadly silence.
Sophie took a deep breath. "You know what? fine. I won't help you. I won't do this, I won't be here for you, that's it. I'm done giving a fuck about your stupid life." She said ands with that took off.

Zane sat at the counter, and tried to relax. He breathed strongly and felt like he needed to calm down, so he went up and headed into the shower.
He filled up the tub with hot water and took off his clothes. When he was fully naked, he entered the steamy water and laid back. He laid his head against the cold porcelain and let his thoughts run wild. He never meant to yell at Sophie, but with everything that happened recently, and with her mentioning Rikki's name, he couldn't help it. Zane loved Rikki, he loved her more than anything in the world. So even when he acted like an ass, it was just because he felt the hole that she left in him. Zane never quite thought about it before this moment, but Rikki was the only thing that kept his change going, and without her he became more and more the jerk he was before she came into his life. And with the face of Rikki on his mind, Zane's body started drifting lower and lower into the tub until he was completely covered in water.

SKIP