King of the Castle

It was early night, and the café closed early tonight. The group, as well as Nash and Will, stayed in the girls' apartment and watched a movie. Will sat on the armchair with Bella on his lap, while the others sat on the couch, and Nash put his arm around Rikki.
"This is such a bad movie." Rikki said, digging into her popcorn.
"I think it's kinda nice." Cleo answered in her usual innocent attitude.
Emma rolled her eyes at them, and said, "You just don't get its brilliance."
"No, no, I kinda agree with Rikki on that one." Bella said.
"Yeah, last time we let you choose the movie." Rikki said sarcastically.
Emma threw popcorn at her, which made the others laugh.
Rikki turned to Nash. "What do you think?"
"Uh? Oh, it's fine," He mumbled.
"You fell asleep, didn't you?" She held herself not to laugh.
"Well I was definitely trying." He patted on her shoulder.
"See Em? It's totally boring." Rikki rubbed it in her face.
"Yeah, whatever." Emma said in a bitchy tone.

Suddenly there was a ring at the door. The girls looked at each other confused.
"I'll get it." Bella said and hopped off Will's lap, and walked to the door.
"Is there anyone else invited?" Will asked.
"Not that we know of." Cleo said.
Bella opened the door, to see Zane on their doorstep.
"What are you doing here Zane?" She asked.
He ignored her question and walked right in. "Zane? What do you want?" Rikki stood up.
Nash's heart skipped a beat to the sight of Zane. He knew everything's about to go down, yet he was too scared he couldn't move. You know what its like, when you're across the room and you see something about to fall off, like you see it happening in slow motion? That's how he felt in those mind tearing seconds.
"I think I have an important information you should know about." He said proudly, having no doubts he's gonna win tonight.
"What is it?" Cleo stood up with her friend.
"Don't fuel him! That's exactly what he wants. Get lost Zane." Rikki pointed her middle finger at him, then gestured at the door.
"Hey, I'm on your side here," Zane started to slowly walk around the couch. "I only thought it's my duty to let you know about which secrets your boyfriend, fish boy, is hiding from you." He said with a wide demonic grin spread on his face.
"What are you talking about?" Rikki was confused.
"Go ahead, ask him yourself." Zane gestured towards Nash, who's heartbeat started to race faster and faster. He closed up on the couch, counting the seconds till the world would break around him.
"Nash, what is he talking about?" She asked.
"It happened after the last full moon..." He mumbled quietly.
"We can't hear you." Zane mocked him.
"You mean..." Rikki looked into his eyes, and he nodded at her in regret.
"Oh god." She grabbed her head.
"Rikki he did it for you!" Bella tried to calm her, which turned out to be the worst idea.
"You knew about it?" Rikki was completely shocked, and felt betrayed. "Anyone else?"
Will raised his hand. "I-"
Rikki was completely overwhelmed. "Perfect, thanks." She said sarcastically. "I... I can't be here right now, I gotta go." l ,She said and took off through the door.
lEverybody in the room was completely shocked, except for one person. "Well well..." Zane walked around satisfied.
Without any warning, Will jumped off his chair and tightened Zane to the wall. "You wanted it to happen, you crazy son of a bitch!" He yelled. Zane tried to get out of his grip but he wasn't able to.
The remaining girl crowded around them, yelled at them to stop.
"Will let him go!" Bella shouted in fear. Will did not listen.
"Will let him go now!" Emma yelled and then Will calmed, and let go of Zane. Zane straightened his shirt back, and was about to go at Will, but was quickly held by the three girls.
"Just go Zane..." Bella walked him towards the door, and opened it wide, gestured him to leave.
"I am a goddamn hero, you should thank me from preventing this...liar to keep up with his plan!" Zane exclaimed at Bella.
"You see, that's it. We don't." She was about to shut the door to his face, but was stopped by his hand.
"What?" He was surprised, and also seemed to be hurt for not getting the recognition he hoped for.
"Was it really worth it?" She said and pushed the door to its place.
On the other side Zane was confused. He thought he was making the right decision, but could he be wrong all along?

Bella walked back in the living room, where the girls and Will crowded around Nash.
"Are you okay?" Cleo asked sweetly.
"Yeah, yeah, it was nothing, I'm fine." He said.
"So you're like... A merman now?" Emma said, offered him a glass of water.
He took the glass in his hand, not saying a thing. He moved his fingers around the cold glass, like he was thinking what to do. Then, he turned the glass over his stomach, making him wet. The girls jumped and stared as he grew a long blue tail. The long tail stretched from the couch all over the coffee table.
"Wow." Emma said, and went off to grab some towels.
"I honestly did not know it was possible." Cleo said, still standing next to him.
Emma came back and handed Nash a towel, to dry himself.
"And what about his power?" Cleo sat down.
"Yeah, which one of our powers did he get?"' Emma leaned on the back of the couch.
"None apparently." Bella said.
"So you got no powers?" Cleo said in compassion.
"I didn't say that," She smiled. "I just said he got none of YOUR powers." She tapped on his, now dry, shoulder "Show them."
Nash focus all of his attention on an empty coke bottle that sat on the table. Within seconds, he closed up his fist, and tiny cloud was formed inside the bottle.
"That's...new." Cleo said.
He focused even harder and with one swift movement he was able to make tiny thunder and lightning inside the bottle. He unwrapped his fist, and the cloud vanished as never was.
"That's pretty incredible." Emma said.
"I really wanna talk to Rikki." Nash finally spoke up.
"Probably not a good idea. I think it's better we'd talk to her first. She would straight up cut a person if she's annoyed or mad." Emma said, and the two girls walked over the door.
"Bella, are you coming?" Cleo asked.
"You know, I probably shouldn't. She's probably mad at me too, and I don't want to be in her way when's she's mad." Bella said.
"Good call. We'd start at the café. Call if you'd need anything." Cleo said and took off.
Nash waited only a moment after the girls left before he stood up.
"Where are you going?" Bella stopped him.
"I'm going to find her." He said confidently.
"Have you missed the last five minutes? Not a great idea."
"Bella, I need to talk to her." He said and looked deep into her eyes.
She sighed. "Thanks. You know where I could find her?" Nash asked.
"I'd try the moon pool."
"I only been there twice, and I could never find it in the dark." He said.
"I'll come with you," Bella said and turned to Will. "Stay here in case she'd come back."
Will nodded and the two left through the door.

SKIP

Nash and Bella flew through the water like a torpedo, as they rushed over to Mako. At 600 kilometers per hour, the tossed water all around them with every movement.
When they arrived at Mako, they rose to the surface for air.
"Can I go in on my own?" Nash was trying to catch his breath. He might have been a merman for two weeks now, but it doesn't mean he mastered his abilities quite yet. "You could wait outside of the cave or something."
"Yeah sure," Bella said, looking at poor Nash gasping for air. "I'll just stick under the rock entrance. She wouldn't be able to see me, but I'd see everything from there."
Nash dove back in, followed by Bella.
As he picked his head over the water he saw he was alone in the cave. Rikki was no where to be seen. He looked back at Bella, who was hiding under the rock, and shrugged.
"Rikki!" He yelled. No answer.
"Rikki! Are you here?" This time there was an answer, just not the one he was hoping for. A small rock rolled down from the land entrance cave, which was to his right.
"Rikki? is it you?" He called, and swam closer to the source.
Suddenly, a voice answered back, saying, "I have nothing to say to you." It was Rikki.
"Rikki, please come out." He begged. "I'm sorry."
It wasn't much before she walked in the main cave and looked down at him. "Ugh, this is worse than I imagined." She said.
"Rikki, I swear I never meant to hurt you-"
"Then what is this? Why is my boyfriend...a merman?" She said, pointing at his tail.
But before he hot to say anything, she spoke again. "And it's not even it! How could you hide something like this from me?" She said in anger.
Nash was starting to get really pissed. "I did it for you Rikki! I wanted to make you happy!"
"Do I look happy!?" She yelled. "Look at me and tell me if I look happy, cause I definitely don't feel happy!" She turned and crossed her arms.
"Well I'm sorry then. There's must be a way I could cancel that-"
"There isn't. Not a possible one, at least, at the moment." She said, still turning her back to her.
"I don't get it," Nash said, in wonder.
"You never get anything! Seriously what's wrong with you! How could you fucking hide something like this from me!?" She yelled, and tightened her fists. The cave's walls started to light up in blue, as some electrical force ran through them, but the couple was too busy arguing to notice.
"I wanna help." He said.
"Just go." She said bitterly.
"But-"
"GO!" She yelled at him, when all of a sudden a powerful lightning was shot out of the cave into the water, galvanizing the water, and shocking the boy.
Bella rushed into the pool quickly and held him so he'd not drown. She dragged him to the edge of the moon pool and pushed him on land.
"He's not breathing." She said. "I can't feel his pulse."