Curiosity ― Part 2

It was 9:10, the moon already climbed up into the clear summer sky, as the four girls settled in their small apartment, and tried to choose a movie to watch. They enjoyed these small nights every month when they just had the time to seat down and do nothing. Lewis just left to the airport that night, and Cleo was more in the mood to settle down with her friends.
They all forgot about what happened at Bella's earlier that day, tried to put the awkwardness behind.
Unlike them, someone else wasn't able to forget.

Nash laid in his bed that hot night, staring at the ceiling with the lights off. Even though he tried get it out of his mind, curiosity didn't let him go. He couldn't stop thinking about what he saw. It might have been just a spark in the water, but for some reason, Nash found himself drawn to it, like he knew there was something bigger there.
He knew that no matter how hard he tries, he can't stop thinking about it, so he surrendered to his curiosity and got out of his bed, pulled down his sweatpants and put on a pair of green swim trunks. He got into his shoes, grabbed his flashlight and got down the stairs.
As he got to the door, he came across Evie, his twin sister.
"And where are you going exactly?" Evie asked, smirking.
"Why do you care?" He grabbed his keys and got ready to go outside.
"I'll tell mom you went out." Nash knew how much their mother hated when they went out late without earlier announcements. Even though they where both 17 now, they still had to let her know every time they went out, something Nash tried to rebel against quite often.
"I'll give you ten bucks." He said impatiently.
"Twenty." She said as she crossed her arms.
Nash let down a sigh. "Ugh. Fine." He said and opened the door. "I'll pay you when I get home."
Nash walked out as fast as he could to his motorcycle, which parked outside of the house. He just got his license recently, and even though his parents weren't so happy about it, he kept riding all the time.

On the way to Bella's, he kept thinking about Will. On their walk home, he told Will about what he saw, yet Will just shock his head and said it was probably just a rock, or a small fish, reflecting the sunlight. But there were no fish, and rocks don't shine, and for some odd reason Nash couldn't name what he saw, he just felt it.

After a four minute drive he got the Bella's houseboat. He slowly laid his bike against a near lone tree, and walked over to the water near the port. Even though it was dark, and he been there only once, he could tell the place he fell into the water earlier that day. He remembered the distance Will carried him between the spot and the shore, so he could guess the general area of his fall. He got into the water, and swam quietly over to the spot where he fell, he took a deep breath to his lungs, and dove in. He swam down to the bottom, which was about 13 ft (4 meters) deep, using the flashlight to light his way. He looked around, hoping to see the reflection again, but was unable to spot everything. Just as he turned around, his flashlight spotted a little area and that's when he saw that spark again. He quickly swam over it and cleaned the sand off of it. It was a little copper colored box, a bit rusty, with a sign of two waves engraved on it.
Nash looked it at, unsure of what he found, right before he went back to the surface.
He got out of the water and sat on the sand, looking at the small metal box. That's when he heard noises coming from the inside of the houseboat, and he got on his motorcycle and drove away.

SKIP

The next morning the group was at the café. Emma got her first day at her new job,  while Bella and the band were rehearsing "If You Could Stay". Cleo, Rikki and Will sat down at a table near the stage, watching the rehearsal,mwhile Rikki checked every once in a while to see if Emma is doing okay.
That was when Nash entered the café, quickly located Will and went over their way.
"I told I saw something." He said, placing the small metal box on the table.
Emma noticed something was going on and got closer to them. Cleo and Rikki looked confused at the box, and then at Nash.
"I found it last night, right where I told you I saw it." He repeated.
"What is he talking about?" Cleo asked Will.
"Nothing." Will said, then felt like he need to give more information. "Yesterday, on the way home, he told me he saw some kind of a... shine in the water next to Bella's when he fell down."
Rikki picked up at the box, and moved her finger over the markings, when it finally hit her. The two waves engraved in the small metal box. It was the same as the ones on the back of their lockets. She felt the urge to say something about it, but kept quite, since Nash was there.
"It seems pretty old," Will took out his phone. "Do you mind? I like old items." nash gestured his hand for agreement, and Will took a picture of it.
"What's in it?" Emma asked, a bit mocking his excitement.
"I don't know, it's too rusty to open, but there definitely something in it." He said and shock the little box. The sound of small objects bumping into the metal was very clear, as they could tell there was more than one item in it.
"I'm gonna open it, and I'm gonna find out what this is." He said excited, before getting up and went away.
"Guys, I think we need to get that box." Rikki said.
"Why? It's just some stupid antique." Will said.
"Em, give me your locket. And you, give me your phone." She ordered Will and Emma. She compered the two, with a worried look in her eyes.
"Can't you see? They're identical." She turned both objects to her friends, showing them her discovery.