Do You Miss Me At All?

Nash and Lewis were about to start their tests.
"Okay, now before we start looking for odd stuff, we need to run some basic exams, so strip to your underwear, and sit on that bed." Lewis indicated with his finger to the bed on his left. They were in a huge lab, which seemed to Nash more like an OR than a lab, inside a hospital. While the crew and doctors gave them complete privacy and agreed no to pop up without a warning, Nash still had a bad feeling in his guts about everything that was going on.
Nash striped down to his underwear, and sat on the bed, "What now?"
"Now, we're gonna check your reflexes." Lewis said and sat in front of him. He tapped with the little hammer on each of Nash's knees. "Great." Then he lifted his arms, moved and stretched them around. "Great biceps, I can tell you're lifting."
"Gotta stay fit," Nash mumbled as through the test. "Do you work out too?"
"What do you think?" Lewis said sarcastically, as he continued to exam and write things on his little board. "Now lay back," Lewis said and checked his stomach, then checked for breathing sounds and heart beat.
When they were done, it was time for test number two: cardio. Nash stepped on a treadmill and started pacing. Quickly it turned into running. Lewis made sure he checked his progress every few seconds, and wrote down everything on his board.
"So, how long have you and Cleo been together?" Nash asked casually.
"About two, two and a half years," Lewis said, not raising his head from the board.
Nash looked for a way to keep the conversation going. "She's a great girl, you know,"
"That's why I chose her in the first place." Lewis smiled. "How's it going with you and Rikki? Are you two planning to reunite any time soon?" He said and slowly turned off the treadmill.
Nash changed the subject, in hope to find something else to discuss. "Um, so what exactly are we looking for?"
"As for the moment, nothing." Lewis said. "But, I'm gonna take a few of your sampled and compare them to data from other creatures which heal quickly, and maybe, we'll find out something."
"What kind of animals are these?"
"Chameleons, I believe." Lewis said.
"Do you even have chameleons?" Nash asked.
"For a patient, you're asking a lot of questions." Lewis laughed.
"Aren't you, as my doctor, suppose to address my concerns and explain me the experiment?"
Lewis shrugged. "I am not a doctor yet,"
"That what concerns me the most." A voice came from behind them. It was Rikki. "But there are other doctors in this hospital who'd figure out pretty quickly what's going on?"
"Dude, what the hell are you doing here?" Nash said.
"I came to tell you this is a huge risk you're taking here," She said.
"Oh, what, one moment you ignore me, then suddenly you care for me?" He said in anger.
"Lewis, give us a minute," she said and Lewis quickly left the room. "If it was only you, that I wouldn't care, but you're putting all of us in a huge danger," She looked deeply into Nash's eyes. "You should stop this."
"Don't come here tell me what I should or shouldn't do, I'm not a freaking baby or-"
"No, no you are! You're a child who can't put aside his wants in order to look at the bigger picture! You're putting us all in risk, and for what!?" She yelled.
"No, you are an egoistic bitch who gotta go around, doing everything in her way, no matter who gets hurt in the process!" He yelled back.
"Who the hell hurt you!? You broke up with me, remember? Or maybe your little brain isn't big enough to actually remember all the crap you say." She looked at him, and he looked into her, as if he said something she missed and now he's waiting for an answer, when she realized. "Oh my god, I can't believe it. Again?" She said. "Again about this stupid incident?! For god sake, would you ever let me off the hook?" She yelled.
"You did this to me, you burned to hell out of my inside, and all because I tried doing something nice for you, and-"
"Oh don't you dare act like I never showed regret, like I never apologized. I sat by your bed for hours, hoping you were still alive. I ran in my head all the things we could say to your parents, when in reality there was nothing to say. So don't you dare come up to me and say that I hurt you, that I don't care of you. Cause I do, I care so much till it hurts." She said, holding tears in her eyes. She looked at him, hoping he would say something, but all he did was staring at her cluelessly, with the same look she had on her face. A look that said 'what have we done'.

SKIP

Cleo and Bella sat at the café, both drinking smoothies.
"Do you actually believe that Lewis could figure out what'd going on?" Bella said, playing with her straw.
Cleo straighten up. "If anyone could do it, it's Lewis,"
"He's our friend, I would hate to see him get hurt just for a stupid experiment." Bella said. "And he's a Will's best friend,"
Emma joined the table. "What are we talking about?"
"Nash," Cleo said after drinking.
"I just... have a really bad feeling about all of this," Bella added. She seemed worried to the girls.
"Just get your mind off of it," Cleo suggested. "How about rehearsing?" She said and gestured at the stage.
"We can't really rehearse without our lead guitarist."
Emma joined the conversation. "Speaking of missing people, where's Rikki?"
Cleo turned to her friend. "She said she was coming here after we met at the moon pool," She explained.
"Rikki's a tough girl, she'd be alright," Bella concluded. "Wherever she is," She said and sighed.

SKIP

"Your friend's a jerk," Evelyn said, walking into behind the chasier.

Will was confused. "What do you mean?"
"Nash, he was a total douchebag, then when he got what he deserved, he took off like a little girl." She said.

"Got what he deserved?" He asked.

"I poured my drink on his head," She said proudly.

"Oh Nash..." Will said to himself.

SKIP

"This," Will said as he dragged a heavy machine. "Is an EEG machine." He said proudly. "It was made to show me your brain activity,"
"I doubt if you'd find anything," Rikki said from where she sat by the door.
Nash ignored her. "What do you wanna do with it?"

"Well," Lewis explained. "Since we're here, I'd love to see you use your power - to see exactly what your brain does when you do your thing," He said with an excited smile.

Nash had a funny look on his face.

"What? What is it? You know how to control your power, right?" Lewis said.
"Well, yeah," Nash said. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" He was skeptic about it.

"It would tell us so much about you guys," Lewis said, in disappointment. "Of course, if you don't want to-"

"No, no, it's fine, I'll do it. Wire me up."

As Nash was fully wired around his head, Lewis was ready to start. "Okay, Nash... Do what you do."
Nash closed his eyes and focused. He focused hard, try to imagine what he wanted to do, in the most clear and detailed way. He then opened his eyes, raised his hand, and twisted it into a fist, forming a grey cloud above his head.

During that, Lewis was watching his computer screen as numbers went wild. Many beeps beated fastly, many lights flashed again and again. Nash pushed his cloud around the lab, as the small cloud created small thunders and lightnings. The cloud stopped above Rikki's head, then in one sudden move, started raining heavily.
"Seriously!?" Rikki said right before falling down to her long, orange tail.
"Was that what you wanted?" Nash said with a smile on his face.

"Um, yeah. Yeah, that was... that was great. Good job" Lewis mumbled, as Rikki dried herself in the background.

SKIP

Zane walked into the cafe, looking around. He located the three girls and walked over.

"Where's Rikki?" He said, breathing heavily.

"Gosh, Zane. Did you run all the way here?" Cleo said before Zane interrupted.
"Sophie knows," He said.
"Knows what?" Emma asked, looking at him confused.

"Your secret. Sophie knows your secret."