Wreck of the Day

"Sophie knows," Zane said.
"Knows what?" Emma asked, looking at him confused.
"Your secret. Sophie knows your secret."

"She what!?" Cleo said, and the girls looked at each other, completely shocked.

Emma stood up and dragged Zane by his hand into Rikki's office, followed by the others.

"Spill it Zane, what did you say to her?" Emma crossed her arms, a determined look in her eyes.
"I said nothing, I swear! She came to me." he said in defence.

"What exactly did she say?" Cleo jumped in.

"She said..." Zane stared at the void. "All she said was, that she used to think you were weird, but lately she came across new information, or something like that," He said.

Emma bit her fingertip nervously.  "Anything else?"
Zane thought it out for a second. "Yeah, she also asked if I know anything about Nash."

"It's all so clear now," Emma mumbled to herself.

Cleo jumped in. "You don't think he-"

"He told her." Emma said, as she squinted her eyes angrily.
Bella was shocked. "No! No, he wouldn't. I-I... I know him, he wouldn't do such thing."

"Seems like he just did." Zane said.

SKIP

Lewis, Nash and Rikki finally left the hospital into the afternoon sun of the outside. Lewis carried a big laptop in his arms.
"So all the tests are on this computer?" Nash asked.
"Yep," Lewis agreed. "I'll take 'em home, and look at it over the weekend, I'll let you know if I'll find anything."

"Just don't let anyone see it." Rikki said in a blank voice, and he was separated from the couple.

"Well, I'll see you later," Nash said.

"Don't you and Bella have a rehearsal at the cafe?" She asked.
Nash looked at his phone. "No, I have some more time before that, and there's something I gotta do. I'll meet you there." He said and waved goodbye.

SKIP

Nash walked into the Starbucks store, and was immediately stopped by Will. Will held Nash's shoulders and stopped him from moving.
"Dude, not now," Nash said, tried to go around him. "I-"

"You gotta appolagize to her." Will cut him off.
"What do you think I'm tryna do?" Nash looked at him, annoyed.
"Oh. well, carry on." Will said and loosen the grip.

Nash walked to her from the front side of the desk. "Evelyn I-"

"No, don't you even try." She blocked him as she soaked her mop in soap water, and started cleaning the tables.

"I came to say I'm sorry," He followed her between the tables.

"Why should I believe you?" She said, not even looking at him.
"Because I mean it!" He exclaimed.
"And that's supposed to convince me?" She chuckled.

"Evelyn, look at me," He said and she turned to him, the wet mop in her hand.

He placed his warm hand on her cheeks and pulled her closer. Their lips came together like magnets and which felt mesmorizing. As she gave into the kiss she placed her arms around his neck too. Suddenly her felt something weird. She was wet.

He quickly broke the kiss, and looked at her in an apologizing look before running into the restroom. Will quickly figured what happened and followed him.
Evelyn was left there confused, yet in no time she smiled widely to herself, and continued to clean the tables.

SKIP

"Emma, why aren't you out there? They need help-" Rikki said walked into her office, and paused to the sight of her worried friends and Zane.
"What's.. going on?" She looked around, confused.

Cleo swalowed. "Sophie knows."

Rikki couldn't believe what she was hearing. They must be pranking me, no way. She thought to herself.  "Is this some kind of twisted joke?"
"It's not a joke," Emma said. "We think it was Nash who told her,"
Rikki was shocked. She looked at Bella for confirmation, yet she only looked into her eyes in pain, and then looked away.

SKIP

Nash walked up the steps of the wooden platform outside of the cafe. "What's up guys?" He said, to the sight of his friends sitting in a table, yet none of the mermaids replied. Emma and Cleo looked at him angry, while Rikki and Bella avoided eye contact. Zane was there, too, standing behind them. "Guys, is everything okay?"
"Are you seriously asking that?" Rikki said, then raised her eyes to him, along with the rest.
"I don't understand, something happened?" He said and sat down.
"So we're not gonna talk about it?" Rikki said, and Nash gave her a confused look.

"Okay, fine. Don't talk about it, just sweep it under the rug." She said sarcastically.

At that point Nash had no idea what was going on. "What are you talking about?"
"No, no, don't talk about it, but you should know that you're a part of us now. If you're sitting with us then you're in it too, it's your problem just as well."

"You wanna talk something out, fine, I don't care, but tell me what's going on!" He exclaimed.
"Oh, no,  WE don't talk about it. We don't talk about how your powers are so blinding your mind. How you're loving all the little highs in the life you don't need, because it's our life. It's ours, and you just jumped in without actually being a part of it, and now you're just ruining it. You're ruining everything!" She yelled. The rest of the girls were quiet, each one giving him a a different look.

"What are you talking about!?" He yelled back at her.
"I'm talking about the fact you told our secret to freaking Sophie Benjamin!" She yelled.

"Rikki..." Bella tried to calm her down.

"I never-" He started speaking when he remembered. "Oh no..." He mumbled. "I never told her anything. She saw me. And even then, I told her nothing about you guys." He said.

"Well guess she connected the dots. Thanks a lot, Nash." Emma said and she stood up, followed by the rest.

Nash was still sitting, and they all walked in the cafe, Bella was last in line. Nash grabbed her hand. "Bella I -" He looked at her for mercy. Her big blue eyes were filled with tears. She gave him a deep look, then untangled him from herself, and walked inside.

It worked! Zane thought to himself. Now they won't trust him ever again and he'll be out of the way, and Rikki would definitely take me back after standing by her side today! It's all working according to the plan.