Bree

Flashback about 1020 AD Crete, Greece: 

 Andromeda sat with her feet in the sand of a private beach as the evening sunlight refracted off her skin causing it to sparkle like diamonds. They told her this was where they found her, left to die on the sand in a pool of her own blood. She wondered what kind of person she had been in her previous life that no one would come looking for her. Did she have an occupation? A suitor? A family?  If no one cared for her then, what kind of monster was she now? Maybe it was for the best. This was her second chance and she was going to make the most of the new family she had gained.

Demetri stood on the shore of stones silently watching the gathering of newborns. His posture was stiff as he assessed the skill set of each and weighed it against that of the Cullen's. Maybe he was over reacting a little, the Cullen's had gifts they could utilize to their advantage. The Volturi would not react well if he were to join the fight, so he had to make do with this. The truth was he was scared. He would never admit it out loud but he didn't want Andromeda fighting this battle. 

It wasn't her war anymore. 

She was more than capable of taking care of herself, and he knew and accepted that. But his instincts were screaming at him. If she got hurt he would never forgive himself because no matter how much she might hate it, it was his duty to stand between her and anyone that dared attack. No one was allowed to hunt her like prey... except for him.

One of the vampires split off from the coven unnoticed. He was tall, lanky, blonde, and everything about him repulsed Demetri for some reason. He heard one of the newborns trying to get the others wound up for the fight. Turning back to the army, the loner already forgotten, he looked on as they entered the water towards their destination.

She glanced around at the coven, her loose dark curls hanging past her shoulders. Fred was gone, there was no longer a shield between her and the others as they gathered at the docks. Her mind only focused on one thing. She needed to find him. She needed to find Diego. Riley told her he was with Her scouting ahead so she gathered with the others as they listened to him talk. 

Fred's gift was powerful,  she understood that better now because Riley hadn't even asked about him. All he spoke about was how Diego was going to get a jump on the celebration with Her, and that they'd all meet there. 

Something about Riley always had Bree on edge. Not only was he their leader but every time he spoke he got a dangerous gleam in his eyes like he wouldn't hesitate to kill those who went against him. She'd seen that side of him and it scared her. 

She remembered the first time she had gazed upon him. She thought him handsome. Tall with dark blonde hair and features that a male model would die for. He was wearing sunglasses as he approached her and offered the one thing she wanted; food.

She had been starving on the streets for weeks and this beautiful stranger offered her food. She didn't question her instincts that told her to run, he didn't look that bad even with the sunglasses hiding his eyes from view. 

Riley was beautiful on the outside, like all vampires, she could admit that. But on the inside he was a monster from nightmares. He stalked before the her coven mates holding a red blouse, "Take a whiff everybody, let's get focused." 

Bree didn't understand what his infatuation was with the girl, how could they focus when all she could think about was the scent. She couldn't even stop the venom from salivating behind her pale bow shaped lips. 

She was vaguely aware as they entered and exited the water her thoughts warring. 'Diego, Diego, Diego.' They chanted as she searched for his scent only finding that mouth watering human one. She couldn't resist it, it didn't matter how much she had fed the night before, she was so thirsty, so thirsty it burned. It was so sweet, so fresh and so strong that she struggled to keep a clear head.