War

Previously:

Andy flickered into and out of existence trying to teleport away. She couldn't no matter how hard she tried. Quintus's large hand gripped her neck raising her feet from the ground. "I've thought of everything Lady Andromeda of Sparta and resident of Thebes." He remarked sarcastically.

"I doubt that." She said grasping his hand with her shackled ones as he choked her. "You were so sure I would marry you then, you were so sure of your money, and power, and influence, but I never wanted any of that." She grinned at his scowl, "you underestimated me then, just like you're underestimating me now. And you know what? I'd pick the street rat every time." He growled in anger as her grin turned into a dangerous smirk.

"I don-" Quintus began but was cut off my one single word from Mathias.

"Attack!"

*****

Andy was the first to respond to the order. She pulled on the hand gripping her neck and struggled violently enough for him to release his grip. Falling to the ground she quickly pulled herself to her feet with a sneer.

"I've thought of everything," Quintus snapped repeating himself. "You can't teleport away. Not this time. Your gifts have been neutralised." He indicated to the immortal child that was grinning happily in its own little world.

"Yes, it appears my gifts have been neutralised." She replied drawing the sword at her hip with a smirk her head tilting in an assessing manner. She chucked the blade to the ground, it was no use against another vampire, she'd brought it purely to use against the wolves. "But so are yours."

A snarl vibrated through his chest as he lunged for her, annoyed by the way she ducked under his arms dodging his every attack with ease.

*****

Amun heard the order and charged down the hill, his curved blade drawn and his eyes focussed on one thing.

The nearest werewolf.

His hatred for their kind was fuelled by his own anger. He may not have gotten along with Aegeus, but he still held some semblance of respect for the former Greek leader. It was one of the many reasons why he took in Andromeda after the attack.

He led his coven and the two nomads into the fray just as the Volturi clashed with the Cult.

Amun noted how Benjamin's eyes widened as he looked at the snarling half human creature. He had never seen one before but he had come close, Andromeda had intervened and teleported Benjamin away right as the beast was shifting form, but this time she wouldn't be there to save him.

"Duck," he shouted over the carnage to his son and swung the blade in his hand with expert precision.

The metal slid across the werewolf's chest tearing the tattered remains of his shirt. The slash opens his chest to the elements, a deep red oozing blood releasing the familiar unappealing stench into the air.

Yellowed werewolf eyes narrowed in on Amun singling him out as the biggest threat shoving the younger vampires to the side.

With each slice of his blade he carved into the creature having little effect except for the growing stench of thick wine red blood. The darkness of the valley prevented the creature from changing form but it was still strong enough to match an experienced vampire.

The werewolf was consumed by bloodlust as it circled its prey releasing a deadly roar, venom of its previous victims dripping from his claws and teeth. He lunged for the Egyptian his claws swiping through water that had suddenly risen from the small stream. It solidified trapping the creatures arm.