Caught

Flashback about 1020 AD Thebes, Greece:

Andy ran faster than the men pursuing her. She knew what she was doing was wrong but she wanted fun and adventure in her life. Her hood was secure so they wouldn't recognise her as she scaled the stone walls.

They couldn't catch her, they could never catch her.

She always gave away what food she stole from the people she was supposed to associate herself with because of her standing in society. She didn't see the point of keeping it if she could get anything she wanted.

"Lady Andromeda, you'll get caught," a hushed voice whispered to her from around a stone wall.

"Don't worry about it Thaddeus. What will they do, lock me up?" She shrugged the bag of food off her shoulder and placed it in his hands. He was a scrawny boy about fifteen years old with big brown doe eyes that matched his hair. Grime was smeared on his cheeks that blushed red as the woman spoke to him.

"The Lady Andromeda of Thebes, they wouldn't dare." Another male voice mocked and bright blue eyes spun to face Thaddeus's older brother Basilius. He held the same features but was more filled out and projected an air of confidence. "No need to worry about her little brother, be worried about getting caught with that." He pointed to the bag she had placed in his hands. "Go share it with the others."

Thaddeus grinned widely and slipped into another hidden alleyway away from the older thieves.

"Have you heard?" Andy asked Basil as she watched the younger boy slip away.

"I heard, your cousin told me."

"Great," she groaned sarcastically. "We travel to Athens tomorrow, I'm to be wed two days after."

"It can't be that bad." He said assessing her features. "Oh no I know that look. Andy no, you can't."

"I wasn't planning anything." She said but her face gave away her true intentions.

"Andy even if you run away where will you go? You've got the most recognisable face in the country."

"That's an over exaggeration, but I see your point. I was thinking of hopping on a ship."

"Then what?"

"I'm a thief, I think I'll manage." She gave him a tight smile.

~~~~~

Athens, Greece:

"Where are you going now cousin?" Sabina spoke up eyeing Andromeda as she slid into a cloak that obscured her features.

"Out." Andy replied with a smirk.

"You're getting married in two days." Her cousin scolded.

"Then all the more reason to go out now." Andy replied with a shrug.

"Andromeda I know you don't want to go through with this wedding but it's for the best."

"One night." She told the brunette pleadingly. "I'm asking for just one night where I don't have to think about the monster I'm marrying. Just one more night of freedom."

"Fine."

Andy grinned and danced her way happily dancing across the rooftops looking for her next target.

She spotted an old wealthy man riddled with jewels and her eyes glowed happily in excitement. Skilfully she raised her hood and followed her target through the dim lit streets. Her hands itched as she approached and fell into step right behind the man.