Part 2

Abigail's POV

Really I thought the landing would be hard just like all the ones we had before yet surprisingly i felt something soft beneath my back. Opening my eyes I am even more surprised to see a colorful ceiling above me. Colorful ceiling? Even to me that was a bit odd. Then I heard giggling, oh lord where had Fred put us now. Sitting up I look around and see women all around me. Where the hell am I? Just as I think that the doors burst open and a man who wasn't in the pictures but was wearing long white robes walked into the room.

"The pharaoh and company need some of you to come to relax and pleasure them." the man said not batting a eye.

Pleasure them? Oh heck no. Trying to stay perfectly still so that maybe I won't be seen I realize I am probably in a harem. I am so going to kill Fred for putting me in here!! Just then the man comes to me and grabs my arm.

"Your a new one, I am sure the Pharaoh would love to seem a new woman before him." the man says pulling me along with him as I fight my own instinct to just kick him to the ground but I can't do that in front of all of these women.

Looking back before I left I could see Hannah looking at me with wide eyes and then she just shrugs at me probably happy that she wasn't in my place. I narrow my eyes at her and she hides behind a pillar as a few other guards grab a few other girls but not Hannah, the lucky brat. The man holding my arm is squeezing really tight and I really want to break his hold but I don't want to draw attention to myself.

"He will be pleased with the young vibrancy of a new woman." the man laughs.

I think I honestly just threw up a little in my mouth. Gross! I am not going to do anything perverted for anyone I don't care if he is pharaoh or not that is clearly not in my job description! I refuse! Going through the halls I see a room surrounded by cloth. Very little privacy here either go figure. Walking into the room I want to hide my eyes immediately as the men in the room are barely covered, great I threw up a little again.

"Pharaoh a new woman has been brought to my attention and I thought she would please you." the man says pushing me down to my knees.

Ok that's it, that jerk is on my kill list!

"What is your name?" the man who I recognized as the pharaoh asks me.

"Neferure, my Pharaoh." I say bowing my head.

"She does have great beauty, perhaps one of which her name states." I hear the man I remember being Ay says as he looks my way.

I am hoping that was a compliment but with that old man heck only god knows. The pharaoh surprises me and walks forward as he puts his hand under my chin and gently making me look up at him. He looks exactly like his picture but perhaps a bit more concerned in real life.

"Rise Neferure, come and talk with me, you men enjoy yourselves." the pharaoh says as he beings to walk and Ay was about to say something to him but one serious look from the Pharaoh makes him stop.

Nodding I follow the Pharaoh unsure why he would want to talk to me, a servant of all reasons. Still who I am to argue with him? I follow close behind the Pharaoh until we come to a balcony. Looking at the pharaoh I did begin to wonder what he was thinking or maybe he was just using me as an excuse to leave that horrible place.

"You know anything of your Pharaoh Neferure?" the Pharaoh asks me.

If I was being honest well yes, I knew everything about him, including his death. I may just want to keep that to myself though, for once follow what Fred said to do.

"I am afraid nothing but rumors my Pharaoh." I reply and he looks back at me.

"I have heard that I am a cripple, that I am deformed or that I do not even exist." the pharaoh sighed. "Who would spread rumors like that?"

"Perhaps my Pharaoh it because they do not see you so they make up stories to keep themselves appeased?" I question as he looks at me as if I hit the nail on the head.

Looking back out to the sky he begins to talk to me as if we had known one another all of our lives. Why I had no idea but he was letting me in on a lot of information I probably was not supposed to know so half of them time I pretended not to understand him when I really did.

"The gods seem to dislike me, they will not grant me a living heir." the Pharaoh sighs lowering his head.

Well actually pal that may just be DNA, brother and sisters weren't really meant to procreate at all yet you guys seem to do that a lot. That and the fact that she may or may not be cheating on you with your so called best friend.

"Tutankhamen?" another male voice addresses the Pharaoh and I turn around to see Ka looking at the both of us.

Well speak of the devil and he shows up. Now he's looking at me as if I were the spawn of the devil and I just wanna slap him. Then what Fred tells me gets to my mind. Split up the sister and Ka if we could. Ugh I really hate this job at times I swear it.

"Ka, what are you doing here?" The Pharaoh asks.

"I came to see you, Ay said you left with some woman and he wanted to make sure you were well." Ka replies as he walks to the Pharaoh.

Me? Yeah right I ain't going down in history for that one. Looking back to the Pharaoh I see him move away from Ka and to stand right behind me. Oh great now I am literally in the middle of this.

"This is Neferure, I am removing her from the harem and she will be instructed to stay with either my sister or myself as a personal servant." The pharaoh says with a dead serious tone.

Ka looks at me like I just slapped him across the face. Great talk about conflict and why the heck did this have to happen to me?! I better find Hannah so and find out what she thinks of my situation.

"As you wish Pharaoh, Neferure I am Ka, do not hesitate to speak with me if you need something." Ka says looking between the Pharaoh and I.