Chapter 5- hugs and kisses

V and her friends went down to Hogsmeade as there was a trip that Saturday. It was Halloween that day and everyone was in an excited spirit especially for the school Halloween feast. There was also a spirit circulating around the upcoming Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff match. There were storm clouds already circulating in the sky, causing V to unintentionally worry for George.

V had zoned out but had snapped back into reality when Lucian cried out in pain.

"Why do you always have to hit me, Hestia?" He complained rubbing the back off his head.

"Why do you always have to be such an idiot?" She shot back.

Adrian and V laughed at them while they walked into the warm cavern which was the three broomsticks. They took a seat when V noticed someone picking up a Christmas tree and moving it somewhere else. She found this rather peculiar but left it at that. She then looked over at the doorway and saw a group of Professors walk in, however they walked off into a more private area to with the minister and madam Rosmerta.

"Why do you keep on looking around the pub, are you expecting someone?" Adrian asked V, with a sort of edge to his voice.

"Of course not, it's just... I'm tired, Ok?" V replied with the same sort of edge.

She noticed out of the corner of her eye Flora giving Adrian a look which raised her suspicions about something, but she didn't know what. Lucian came back with his butter beers, almost tripping over but luckily Hestia was there to straighten him up. V wondered what life would be like for him if he didn't have the friends that he had.

While her friends chatted, V zoned out again, looking out of the window, she had merely noticed that the twins and Lucian were leaving till they said goodbye.

"Well see you, then." Flora said as they got up. Most of students had left by then as it was nearing 5 and no one wanted to be late for the Halloween feast.

"You're leaving?" V suddenly asked with confusion in her voice.

"Uh, isn't that what we just said?" Hestia said back.

"Oh well, sorry, I zoned out." V said looking around at the near empty pub.

"Whatever, we're going." Hestia said and they walked out of the pub.

There was a moment when V noticed that Adrian was still next to her and was looking directly at her. There was nothing significant about his features except for the fact that he was quite tall. He had light ash hair and dark brown eyes which his smile struggled to reach. He didn't smile much at all now that V thought of it.

"You seem distant lately." Adrian said looking her dead in the eyes, which made it hard for V to look away.

"I mean, so much has happened and I feel a bit... Suffocated."

"And that's alright, I'm here for you if you need any help." Adrian said putting a hand on her thigh.

V then briefly flicked her eyes upwards to see the last person that she wanted to see at that moment. Remus, just sitting on a stool at the bar, looking at V with a quirked eyebrow. She just sat there awkwardly, sitting next to a boy with a hand on her thigh, while her father figure looked extremely amused.

She was trying to find a subtle way of getting Remus to mind his own business without Adrian knowing. There were heaps of times like this in her and Adrian's friendship but she just knew Remus was taking it the wrong way.

"You Ok?" Adrian asked looking in the direction that she was, only to find his defense against the dark arts teacher talking to madam Rosmerta.

"Yea, just my eyes playing tricks on me." V quickly replied blinking her grey eyes a couple times.