Chapter 10- Slytherin Versus Gryffindor

V had kept her head low for the rest of the term, studying as much as she could. With a mixture of a lack of sunlight and growing stress and tiredness, she had paled considerably, almost graying a bit. The only times V did go outside was for Quidditch training which had been increased quite a bit because of the Slytherins being neck and neck with the Gryffindor's on the points tally.

V was walking down to the quidditch game with Adrian and Lucian while studying her transfiguration notes. Adrian had stopped his sourness towards V as he noticed that she had some serious problems on board and took all his frustration out on Lucian, by reminding him how stupid he was.

"What happens if a Weasley fell in love with someone who doesn't have red hair? Does the person they fell in love with start growing red hair?" Lucian asked as they walked down to the match.

"Do you have rocks in your head?" Adrian shot back.

V hadn't been listening to the conversation but heard them say this to each other. She couldn't help but giggle a little, the most humorous thing she had seen recently was a picture of an old chubby wizard in a magical history book, holding a baby pig.

"So you're actually acknowledging the surrounding world." Adrian commented, sounding genuinely impressed .

It went silent, causing Adrian to look over and notice that V had stuck her head in her book again. V looked up realizing there wasn't any back ground talking and found that Adrian and Lucian were staring at her with a frustrated gleam in their eyes.

"Huh?" She mumbled obliviously.

Adrian let out a sigh but let it go. "Nothing, we're at the pitch now."

V looked up to find that people already piling up in the stands. For the first time in the past few months, color flushed to her face as she grew excited. They all made their way to the changing room to find the rest of the team only there appeared to be a slight change in the players in the uniform

"What happened to Craggy and Higg's?" Adrian asked noticing that there were bigger players in their place.

Higg's played chaser throughout the year while Craggy played beater. They were quit fair compared to most Slytherins but they were good players none the less.

"I decided to do a last minute upgrade," Flint said snickering up at the gorilla like boys.

In V's eyes, the only real upgrade was in size and knowing Flint, that was the only upgrade that mattered. Size and intimidation, anyway.  Adrian and V sent worried glances to each other while Lucian nodded his head approvingly and walked round the new players.

"Anyway, we're going to crush the Gryffindor's today." Marcus said doing a sly grin, "So let's go out there and show them how great we really are."

Everyone except Adrian and V nodded their heads cheering. Everyone trailed behind Marcus and Draco onto the pitch, Adrian and V at the back sending each other nervous glances. They hadn't even ad one training session with these new players and now they have their own nimbus 2001's in hand with zero knowledge of how the team played.  

As they walked out onto the pitch, V trailed behind everyone as she knew that three quarters of the school was going to boo at them anyway. But as she did this, Marcus Flint grabbed the collar of her robes  causing her to stumble backwards.

"Hey! You watch it Marcus or I'll-" But she was cut off.

"Save it for the pitch." He snarled in reply, "Be scary, and I don't want any of this 'fair play' none sense, if you need to knock Johnson or Bell of their brooms, do it!" Marcus hissed in her ear.