Chapter 12- The Shrieking Shack

V had somehow managed to trudge her way through all of her exams despite missing 3 important revision days due to her quidditch accident. She had just had her last exam for the year which was her History of Magic one and now she was walking down to the black lake with George and for the first time, Fred had joined them.

"So what did you think of that last question?" V asked the twins eagerly.

"I think I'd rather stab my foot then do history of magic next year." Fred replied causing V to giggle.

"It's not that bad, I don't get why everyone hates it." V said earning curious looks from both Fred and George.

"Well anyway, George and I want to get back at Malfoy." Fred said, looking for a change in conversation.

"Oh yea, why?" V asked.

Fred and George then looked at each other, "For being a stuck up git." They said at the same time.

"Fair enough."

"But we need your help..." George then continued. V gave them a worried look, she was already on bad terms with her quidditch team since the disastrous game so pulling a prank on the most 'valuable' player didn't sound exactly welcoming.

"I'm not too sure, it depends what I'm doing and if anyone will know it was me." V said uncomfortably.

"Don't worry no one will know it's you, all you have to do is sneak some of this powder into his bed sheets." Fred said holding up a small glass tube with some sparkling green powder in it.

V grabbed the tube out of his grasp, immediately knowing what was inside of this, with her mouth wide open, semi shocked and semi smiling she looked up at them. They both smirked, folding their arms at her surprised reaction.

"How on earth did you get a hold of this!?" She asked.

"Snape is a bit too easy to steal from." George replied slyly.

"I'm in, I can't wait to see..."

But V stopped mid-sentence as they passed the green houses on the way to the lake. V saw something shinning in one of the houses. This seemed to take her attention from the conversation and George was quick to notice.

"What is it?" He asked as V started to slowly walk in the opposite direction.

"Can you guys wait here while I check something?" She said walking towards the greenhouse. George and Fred looked at each other and shrugged.

V walked towards the greenhouse, intrigued as the flashing light, wondering what it could possibly be. Probably a light plant or something, V thought to herself but as she neared the third green house which was filled with the more interesting sort of plants, she came to realize it definitely wasn't a plant.

V entered the greenhouse to find the flashing light had stopped and the only light coming in was from the setting sun. But V's muscle's slowly tensed as she saw something lurking in the shadow, she turned her full body around to get a better look but as she did the lurking shadow became all of a sudden very clear and she opened her mouth to scream. But as she did a rough hand was suddenly clenched over her mouth and her wand was snatched out of her hand and held away from her.

"Shh." Her father said slowly taking his hand away from her mouth which was wide open in shock.

"Look, you have to listen to me," He said to the near petrified girl, "I am not the murderer that everyone thinks that I am." He said and for the first time that V recalled, he had a some what sane look in his grey eyes.