Chapter 63- A Christmas Surprise

V had gone home after the Order of Phoenix meeting, partially furious at everyone for being as harsh on her as they were, but also still emotionally recovering from everything Harry and her had confided in each other. She had been on her own for the two days leading up to Christmas, besides the company of Kreacher. At least Kreacher didn't criticize her every move.

She had worked the day before Christmas and had also decided to take a morning shift on Christmas morning, not really in the mood to see any of her friends. Working at St Mungo's was the perfect excuse to not see them as anyone as well.

However, over at the Burrow it buzzed with life. Molly had been busily rushing around getting Christmas lunch ready. George was downcast, which was very much out of his character. While everyone else was running around excitedly, opening presents. He sat on the couch looking very moody.

"George honey, could you come here please?" Molly called over to him. He looked at her and void of emotion he walked over to the kitchen where Molly, Fleur and Tonks were cooking. Well Tonks was attempting to cook; she was never too good with household charms.

"I hate seeing you so sad, dear. You should go get her." Molly told him.

"I don't think she really wants to see me right now. And since when did you start liking her?" George huffed, folding his arms.

"George! You know I had trouble getting used to her, but you know how lovely I really think she is. You're really not going to find another girl like her, even if she's having her troubles right now..." Molly went on.

George sighed, scratching his head trying to work out what to do. Everyone had agreed that they had been a bit harsh on her once she had left, but it was too late as she had already disappeared by the time they had established this.

"What if she doesn't want to see me?" George asked with a shrug.

"Of course she doesn't!" Molly hissed. "But that might change if you make an effort to let her know you want to see her."

"She's taken a morning shift at St Mungo's. Go get her!" Tonks exclaimed, cracking some eggs into the wrong mixing bowl.

George nodded, knowing exactly what he needed to do. Just like that he apparated out of the kitchen and into the lobby at St Mungo's. He asked the reception where V might be and went straight to the ward. When he found her, he found her in a group, laughing at something someone had said with the Head Healer and a couple of mediwizards.

"Ah, V, it looks like you have a visitor." The Head Healer then spoke up.

V looked over her shoulder, her hair noticeably darker and slightly shorter. Her roots had always been dark, but they seemed to have grown out a bit, now that he thought about it. It seemed to bring out blue in her eyes and made her look even more like a female Sirius.

V walked over to him, making sure to keep her voice low in case he was here to pick another argument. But she was surprised when instead he gave her loving smile, tucking her hair behind her ear's softly.

"What are you doing here?" She then asked, suddenly confused.

"Merry Christmas to you to." He jested. "I came to see you because you mean the world to me and I didn't want you to spend Christmas thinking otherwise."

"George... Look I'm sorry about everything that happened a couple days ago. I'm just as not ok as I said I was. I understand if you want to be away from me as I navigate my way through this..."

"No. I should've been more receptive to your feelings, I'm really sorry I haven't been." He said grabbing her hand and looking directly into her eyes. "Please, come back to the Burrow and we can all have Christmas together." He then leaned in close to her ear and whispered, "All I want is to be with you."