Chapter 61- Date Night

It had been six months since everything had happened at the ministry, and V hadn't quite gotten over it at all. But she did learn how to be more composed in the name of not concerning those around her. Work had kept her busy enough, with its long hours and her extensive medicinal research in her spare time. Work had become an impending part of her everyday waking life. Her dreams however spiraled her into places she refused to go when awake. So, she didn't sleep very much at all.

It had been one of those long days in the Hospital, where each of the patients V worked with were on the more demanding side. It was probably her least favorite part of working at St Mungo's. The whiny old ladies that thought that they could treat V without care or manners just because V was young, were her absolute least favorite types of people. Except for Deatheaters of course.

One particular lady, Mrs. Bloxham, kept on demanding that V give her a drowsing drought for her headache. V kept on refusing her however, only being allowed to give the drought to those in severe pain seeing it had quite a few side effects. Once V had refused her for the fifth time, the lady called her a 'miserable cow' prompting V to leave the room, only for the Mrs. Bloxham to call her back in.

However, when V came back giving Mrs. Bloxham a peeved off look, the old woman gave her a crinkly smile. The smile wasn't an encouraging one though, it was definitely more of a mock than anything else. V then quickly realized that this was because Mrs. Bloxham had wet herself, with a big wet patch in the middle of her bed.

V had to do everything in her power to not have a go at her, as kindly as possible asking her to move beds so that she could change sheets. Mrs. Bloxham was quite old, and these things happened quite a bit with the older patients. V new this was no accident though.

Once V had dealt with the situation and was on her way to finishing her shift, Mrs. Bloxham called after her, unsatisfied with the amount she had already tormented her.

"Oh, one last thing dearie." She called out. V turned around, about to rip her own hair out if Mrs. Bloxham decided to shit the bed while she was at it.

"Yes Mrs. Bloxham?" V asked.

"Once a Black always a Black." She told her coldly, but with an oddly proud look in her eyes as if she had really done something smart.

"Pardon?" V replied in shock. She didn't think she knew her first name let alone her last. Yet of course her last name was significantly more well known.

"Didn't know St Mungo's hired murdering Deatheaters." She added, making it very clear where she was coming from.

V wasted no more time getting out of the room and hurrying down the hall as far away from the woman as possible. She went to her work desk to get her stuff, more than happy that her shift was over.

Once she got to Diagon Alley it was already starting to get dark and she noticed Fred and George were finishing up in the shop. When she entered, she found Fred counting the cash who greeted her with an enthusiastic "Hullo!" When he saw her.

"How has your day been?" V asked him.

"Busy, but good." He replied. "And what about things on your end?" He asked.

"Well... Certainly busy alright." She replied with weariness passing through her eyes.

But without any warning, someone picked her up from behind and twirled her around. When she was put down again, she turned around and saw it was George who had a mischievous grin on his face. His grin seemed to have washed away all the stress she carried from the day, and she couldn't help smiling back.