Chapter 62- The World is Not a Nice Place for Orphans

Fred and Angelina wasted no time in contacting the order after V and George's night out and a meeting had been called for the next evening. It was the weekend, so V had no work, which didn't seem to be playing in her favor.

As George and Fred continued to work the store, Angelina and V stayed up in the flat with very little to do. V wasn't hungover enough to want to sleep more but was hungover enough not to do any study or research like she normally would in the weekend.

Angelina had made them both coffee and they sat in silence, surrounded by the mess of the apartment. Angelina had been more frequently staying over at the apartment, and V wondered if she would move in soon. Things had definitely been awkward between them at first, but they got used to each other quickly. V would be lying though if she didn't say their personalities often clashed, she didn't dislike Angelina by any means, she just found that they dealt with things differently.

Angelina was definitely not too happy at the moment though. V felt suffocated by the fact that she was sitting next to someone who was mad at her. She wanted nothing more than to reduce the tension.

"Do you..." V began, prompting Angelina to look at her expectantly. V wasn't too sure what she was going to say and finished with. "...Like riding bikes?"

Angelina looked at V for a while, trying to understand where the question was coming from. "Yes, I do." Angelina answered.

"Your father, he's a muggle, right?" V asked.

"Muggleborn." Angelina corrected. "He taught me how to ride a bike before a broom." Angelina went on.

"That's nice." V replied.

She couldn't really relate to Angelina, she learnt how to ride bikes after she stole one when she was a kid. She didn't have a parent to teach her, and the bike eventually got stolen from her in turn. But that's what it was like in an orphanage full of neglected children.

"You want to go on a bike ride?" V asked her.

Angelina frowned at her, making V feel nervous. Angelina sometimes had a real fierce presence. It was probably what made her such an ideal quidditch captain. 

"We don't have any bikes." Angelina replied blandly.

"There's a couple at Grimmauld Place, we could go get them." V suggested.

"And where exactly do you want to ride these bikes?" Angelina asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Just wherever, round town I guess." 

"Sometimes it's hard to believe you got top grades in Hogwarts. I mean, just last night you got attacked by Deatheaters in the muggle sector of London, and now you want to go back to the Muggle area? You're unbelievable." Angelina said, getting up and walking towards the kitchen, which was in the same room as the living room, so V could still hear her mutter angrily under her breath.

V knew she was getting under Angelina's skin, but Angelina was starting to get under her skin too. V was very used to not being liked, and generally speaking she didn't mind not being liked. But it was hard being in the same room with someone who was mad at you. It was like she was being forced to face her flaws.

She just couldn't take the spiteful glances and the negative muttering any longer, V got up and made her way to the stairs and headed down to the store.

"V?" Angelina called. But V didn't stop. "Vindemiatrix Black!" She then called chasing after her. V wished that Angelina would just leave her alone, growing increasingly frustrated by the girl's presence.