Chapter 34- The Demented and the Dementor

Everyone was still gathered outside the maze as the moon shone brighter against the dark night. Everyone was crying, talking lowly or starting to make their way back up to the castle. V then found Lee, Hermione and all the Weasley siblings gathered round and she joined them. Hermione then turned towards V asking, "Do you have any idea where Harry might be?"

"Professor Moody led Harry up to the castle. I told Professor Dumbledore and he's going after them now." V replied.

"But why? Professor Moody used to be an Auror, he wouldn't try anything." Ron asked but V shook her head.

"Everything about Professor Moody is backwards and the amount of drinking he does, he'd probably willingly hand Harry over to the Dark Lord." V said.

Everyone went quiet. Professor Moody was so eccentric that no one questioned it, they just thought he was tough from his Auror years. But when they really thought about it, he gave himself away when he decided to comfort Harry away from public eye where he was safe, even an Auror in training would know that the crowd is safer then being alone, far away from anyone else.

"Should we follow? You know, make sure Harry is alright?" Ginny then asked looking panicked.

"He'll be fine, the three most talented Hogwarts Professors are going after him. I think in the meantime, you should go back to the common room, there's no use in gathering around here with everyone else grieving over Cedric." V said, saying his name with a croak, not so much because he was a close friend or anything along those lines, but because it felt wrong, wrong that such a nice student had just been tragically murdered.

"Yea good idea, we should start heading back." Hermione said and as a big group looking out for each other, they walked up to the castle on a moonlit path. They walked up to the Gryffindor common room when V 'realised' that she was a Slytherin.

"Uh guys, I went the wrong way." V said when they reached the fat lady portrait.

"Oh yea- but you can't walk back in the dark, alone, especially if you-know-who is back." George said firmly.

"We can just sneak you into the, common room." Lee suggested

"You could stay in my dorm if you like." Ginny said.

"Well, I was thinking George wouldn't mind having her in his bed..." Lee replied chuckling with Fred.

"I can walk back guys, it's not that big of a deal." V said, glaring at Lee.

"I'll walk back with you." George offered eagerly.

"Well that would mean you would have to walk back up by yourself." V replied.

Ron then rolled his eyes saying, "Bloody hell, if this is what you guys are going to argue about, I'm going to bed." He then disappeared back into the Gryffindor common room with everyone following him, everyone except George.

"I'm serious, I will walk down to the dungeons and back for you." George stated.

"For a start, you're not serious, my dad is and that leads me to my next point. No one's going to try anything on me, I'm the daughter of Sirius Black." V exasperated. "It's very chivalrous of you to offer, but I'm fine, really."

"Fine, just be careful, Ok." He said before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm always careful." V replied before he squeezed her hand and disappeared into the common room.

When George closed the door, V let out a sigh of relief. She was never going to go back to her common room, she was going to make her way to Professor Moody's office just to make sure Harry was alright. She started to make her way to the office when she received the freight of her life.