Chapter 37- The Order of the Phoenix

V woke up the next morning not exactly with the sun shining on her face but definitely a smile beaming across it. It felt so unreal having her own room, her own home and most of all, her own family but as she looked around the room she had woken up in, she knew it was indeed all very much real.

After changing her clothes and making her bed, she then started to make her way downstairs with the hallways seeming a lot less creepy then they did in the dead of night. V wondered down to the kitchen where she could smell something nice cooking.

She then found Remus wearing a flowery apron, flipping pancakes while Sirius sat at the table drinking coffee, going on about something Fudge had said in the daily prophet

"Good morning, sunshine." Sirius greeted. "Do you like your room?"

"I love it! Thank you so much dad!" V said giving him a hug.

"The whole time I was redoing it, I could just hear your mother's voice at the back of my head telling me, 'this is your daughter's room, not a torture chamber.'"

V smiled at the thought of her mother's voice then looked over to Remus, snickering.

"What?"

"That mum?" V asked, pointing at Remus.

Remus turned around while Sirius chuckled lowly, shaking his head. "Hey!" Remus said, "Just because I'm cooking pancakes-"

"And is wearing a flowery pink apron-" Sirius interrupted.

"And is basically my other parent." V finished.

"Ok, Ok, I get your points, I'm your Godmother now, not your Godfather. But I forbid you from calling me mummy." Remus said giving up in defeat, but still with the hint of a smile.

"Alright, mum." V replied.

"That truly isn't much better." Remus commented, rolling his eyes.

"Fine, I'll keep calling you Remus, but if anyone asks me who you are when we ever walk down the street together I'm going to say, 'This is Remus, my Godmother.'" V teased.

"Whatever. First few pancakes are ready now." Remus said as V got up to pour a cup of coffee and help take them to the table.

As V sat down with a light, happy mood, sipping her coffee and looking over at her father, she suddenly got a very uncomfortable feeling in her stomach, like there was something not quite right. She then remembered where she was yesterday before she arrived at Grimmauld Place and what happened at Kings Cross.

"Are you alright, dear?" Sirius asked noticing V's smile swiftly disappear.

"Everything's wonderful, I'm just confused about... About why on earth the Deatheater's are after me, or why you-know-who would even spare a mere thought on me." V queried.  

"Hmm, Remus did tell me about what happened at Kings Cross and  it's about time you found out more about your bloodline. I'll save that for some other time though, just remind me, but for now your mother has cooked these wonderful pancakes and we should probably eat them." Sirius joked earning a glare from Remus.

After the pancakes, they got a start on cleaning and redoing the house. Sirius had a closet full of ornaments and decorations that he thought would be appropriate to reuse, however he had about five closet full of things that he wanted to get rid of knowing that they were dangerous or just reminded him too much of his family.

First off, everyone worked on getting rid of them, burning what they could in the fire place and chucking the rest in dumpsters with charms on the bags so that muggles couldn't open them. Kreacher was frantically trying to save everything he could which was pretty unsuccessful on his behalf but treated V like a God when she managed to convince her father to keep a couple nice ornaments. Altogether that was only a couple of vases and a set of dusty curtains which she thought actually had a nice design on them. She noticed Kreacher saving a couple of small heirlooms and what not but decided to forget about telling her father for the poor elf's sanity.