Chapter 57- The Department of Mysteries

V had another one of her infamously long days at work. Sirius would have spoken to her about the long hours if she didn't come home as energised as she normally did. She had a crazy work ethic, and Sirius wasn't too sure where she had gotten it from.

When V had gotten home this particular evening, the order were having yet another meeting, which was something that happened most nights anyway. Though most of the time the meetings were rather boring as they all seemed to recycle the same information, V liked having the excuse to see George. They both had been so busy that it was hard finding the time to be together.

Mad Eye and Remus were talking back and forth about a muggle woman who had been found dead, presumably struck down by the killing curse. With every meeting things seemed to be getting more and more serious. V herself, was almost in a bit of denial with everything that was happening, being more than willing to use her work as an escape. 

During the meeting V sat next to George, holding his hand under the table while Remus and Mad Eye argued about how seriously this needed to be taken. It all felt so distant to V. Voldemort was targeting people distant to the Wizarding community and for some reason this didn't call for urgency through V's eyes. Perhaps it was the Slytherin in her and the Gryffindor in everyone else. V's sense of ambition was definitely greater than her sense of nobility. 

Out of nowhere, Snape apparated into the room looking alarmed, and causing alarm. 

"What on earth are you doing here Severus, end of term isn't today, is it?" Mad Eye said, but it was clear that Snape was here for another reason than holiday. 

"They've fallen for the Dark Lord's bait." He began.

"Who?" Molly asked in a demanding fashion.

"Harry and his silly army, that's who." Snape replied. "They've gone to the Department of Mysteries, thinking you're there." He said turning to Sirius. 

"Where did they get that idea from?" Sirius asked.

"Legilimency, the Dark Lord's been using it on him the past year. I tried to teach him Occulumency, but the boy is clearly not mentally strong enough." Snape added. "But I'm not here to tell you how he got in danger, I'm here to tell you that him and his friends are in danger. They're probably facing the dark forces now." 

"Well we need to go now!" Molly said with a real sense of urgency. 

"Everyone grab someone who can apparate." Mad Eye ordered. "We need to get to the Ministry now."

V immediately grabbed onto George. Molly looked doubtful about her sons going along but didn't say anything, knowing now wasn't the time to argue. Mad Eye disappeared first and everyone followed suit. Before George apparated he looked at V. "Got your wand?" He asked, and V nodded in reply, and just like that the floor disappeared from V's feet.

She hadn't apparated in a long time, and something about it felt like a dark strong wind in the middle of the night. She held onto George's hand tightly until they came out at the ministry and even then still held onto his hand. 

There were many witches and wizards walking past and going about their business. The two looked around and could only find Fred, who too had spotted the them and came over. 

"Where is everyone?" He asked and the two of them shrugged.

"Well Snape said they were at the Department of Mysteries, everyone must have apparated directly there." V stated.

"Where even is the department of mysteries?" George asked.

"Look there's a map over there next to the elevator." V pointed out and they all ran over.