Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Fire Storm

** Ethan POV ** 

Sitting in the fire house I was talking to my friend Curtis. We have been friends since 8th grade. “How did your parents take it when you said you don’t want to be with Chloe.” He asked with a smirk. I shake my head. “They didn’t. I don’t feel no connection with her and I know God has not called her to be my wife.” “Can I ask you something?” He asked in a serious tone. “You now asking permission.” I say while I bust in a fit of laughter. He laughs to then says “How do you know who God has for?” I looked at him shocked by his question. I open my mouth to speak but the alarm blared through the station. We rushed up got on our gear then slide down the pole got on the truck. Apartments got caught on fire. When we got the apartments, it was completely engulfed in flames we were told that two kids were inside of there. Curtis and I looked at each right before we entered the building. The kids weren’t too far and we made it just before the front part of the roof caved in. Taking the little Hispanic girl to the ambulance They went to work on her. I went to Curtis. “Man, you good” “Yes, the other little girl was a few feet away. She is getting checked out now.” I turned my head toward the ambulances. A woman caught my eye. I jogged over to her. “This is a crime scene. Do you have family that lives here?” “No, sir I live here. I was at work when my neighbor called me and told me what happen. Shit, now I have nowhere to go.” She says. I take in her appearance a short low cut dress with some extremely high heels on. “I bet it was them kids again.” She rushed out in a mumble. “What do you mean Mrs.…” “My name is Journee no Mrs.”” Journee I extend my hand to hers I’m Ethan” She shakes my hand. “Now what did you mean?” Her phone begins to ring. “Hello, I jus... she stopped. I’m on my way back.” She tossed her purse. “Look I have to get back to work.” “Can’t you just tell me what you what you meant.” She reached in her purse and pulled out a card. “You can find me here.” I watched her turn and leave. “Do you know who that is?” Curtis asked me. “A woman name Journee.” I shrugged. “She’s a stripper and prostitute.” I turned and faced him looking at him. “Are you sure?” I asked. “Positive.” He says as someone called for him. I looked at the card it read Platinum. Which I know is a well know strip joint. After everything wrapped up at the scene I decide to go to the club and wait for Ms. Journee.  It is now 3:18am. I was dozing off then I heard a door slam. I jumped wide awake and saw a white lady coming out with a man. A few moment later I saw her step out the door. I quickly got out my car and walked up to her. 

Hey Journee” She looked up at me. “A quick blowjob is $ 70.00” she said. My eyes popped wide. “No, that is not what I want.” I said looking at her. “$500.00 to fuck.” “What is wrong with you, I am a pastor.” “Okayyyyyy then $500.00 for a holy fuck. $550.00 for me to squirt and baptize you with my juices.” She says running her fingers up and down my chest eyeing me seductively. I grabbed her hand. “Stop it Journee. I came to ask you about the fire. What did you mean before?” “Fuck you. I don’t owe you no explanations.” I watched her get in her car to leave.

I ran around to the other side and grabbed her keys just in time. “What are you doing you son of a bitch?” She screams at me.” “I’m saving your life. Now get out the car I tell her.” Fuck you whoever you are.” She snatched the keys out my hand and quickly started the car up. I rushed to put my hand on the gear shift so she would not move it. “You know what the hell with you.” I watched her put something in her phone. We sat in silence ‘bout 10 minutes later I see a car pull up. She gathered her things. “I bet next time you will want to fuck” she said as winked and got out of the car and got into the other car. 

She rolled down the window. “Hey pastor, watch me bless him” she said with laughter in her voice. I watched her with so much disgust and I don’t know why by hurt. I got out of her car and went to mine and sped out the parking lot. I hit the steering wheel with so much rage and anger. When I got home I couldn’t do anything but pray for her.  

Comment:

Vote: