Chapter 25

Date Night

** Ethan**

Finally getting off work and I am so excited about my date with Journee tonight. I have been working hard to make this a night for her to remember. To see a smile on her face will be worth it all.

“Yo, E. You ready for your date tonight.?” “You have no idea. I have been planning since last week.” “Does she know anything?” “Not a clue.” “Ethan, in all honesty how do you feel about her?” “It is so hard to explain. I want to be away from her but when I am nothing seems right. When I am with her nothing seems right and I want to be away from her. She has this way of pushing me and getting to me while at the same time making me the happiest man in the world.” “Sound like you are falling for her.” “Honestly I don’t know.”

“Have you heard from Chloe?” I dropped my head and shook it. “She has been calling asking about us going out this weekend and getting my mom to ask. I am so tired of it. Chloe and my parents know how I feel.” “Again, I am sorry. I had no idea Chloe was Rose’s friend.” “It’s fine.” I stopped Curtis from walking looking him in his eyes. “Just be careful with and around her.” “You only tell me that when you have a bad vibe about someone. I will.” “I have to go get ready. I’ll let you know how the date goes.” 

Getting home I took a long shower relaxing my body more. Once I got out the shower I hear my phone ringing. I see it’s my mom I just put it on speaker while I get ready. 

“Hello mom”

“How is my baby boy?”

“I’m fine mom. In a rush. Is something wrong?”

“Can you come over for dinner tonight?”

“Mom I can’t. I have plans.” I smile to myself.

“Are you going out with Chloe?” She asked a little to exited for my liking.

“No mom.” I say in a board tone. “Mom I have to go. How about tomorrow I’ll come over to eat?”

“Yes, Ethan that is fine.”

“Bye mom.” I hear her say bye then I hung up.

After I finish getting ready I headed to Journee’s house.

I call to make sure everything is set for Journee and I before I go and get her. Knocking on her door a couple times and no answer I got nervous and mad all at the same time ‘til she opens the door. 

“Don’t you look amazing.” “Thank you. You looking handsome yourself. Where are, we going. I have you know I called off work for this date so it better be good.” “Yes ma’am. It’s a surprise and thank you.” I watched her roll her eyes. “Let me get my shoes.” “It fine. Take your time.” “High heels I see.” “I love my heels.” “Come on let’s go.” “You better not try to kidnap me Ethan.” I burst out laughing. “What.” “You heard me.” “Journee, you being over dramatic don’t you thing.” “Nope not at all. Now let’s go.” 

After 45 minutes, we pulled up to the wood with thick trees all around. I park and turn off the car. I look over at Journee.

“We are here.” “No hell we aren’t. Jason is probably waiting to kill us.” I bust out laughing. “Come one.”  Getting out the car I take her hand in mine and we walk into the woods, I look at her and smile.

**Journee**

After walking so far, I see little lights on both sides and Ethan continues to look at me and smile. We walk to some sand where in a close distance a dinner set for two next to a lake. “Ethan” I say lowly. “Yes” “It’s beautiful” “Not as beautiful as you are. You can’t walk in sand with these shoes on.” Before I could say anything, Ethan picked me up bridal style caring me to our table. 

Ethan put me down then pulled the chair out for me. “Thank you” “Your welcome.” “What are we going to eat?” “He did a soft whistle then waiters came and brought our food. “We are having vegetable stir fry with shrimp.” “Sounds good.” Eating, laughing, and talking with Ethan. I can’t think of a time I’ve ever been happier.

“This was lovely. I have enjoyed myself.” “Come with me.” I Looked at Ethan strange. “Where are, we going?” He gripped my hand. I followed behind me and looked back and smiled. “Shit”

“This is another part of our date. Dinner was just the beginning.” He guided me into the hot air balloon. “I hope you are not afraid of heights.” “I don’t think so.” “Ready to go up?” “Yeah I am” I say in a nervous tone.  “Up we go.”

When we got up on the air Ethan came behind me and slide his arms around me then whispered in my ear. “Having fun?” I leaned back on him on his chest. This view is breathtaking.” “It is but I am holding something far more breathtaking.” I smile and we remain that way for the rest of the balloon ride.

“Is it time to go?” I ask not really wanting to. He smiled.

We walked up to a hammock with lights all in the tree. He got in and extend his hand to me. “You can’t be serious.” “Of course, I am” “We could flip over.” “It will be fine.” I got in and laid beside Ethan.

“Did you enjoy our date?” “I did.” “Was it one of your best dates?” “This was my only date ever.” “You’re kidding, right?” “No, I’m not.” “Do you want to go on another date?” “Ethan.” “Yes” “Do you know what it’s like to have a heart and to love?” I ask as we look at the stars holding each other’s hand. “Yes, I do. Why?” “Because I don’t.”

Comment:

Vote: 

Journee and Ethan outfits in MM along with how the date looked.