Chapter 28

Storms Coming

** Journee **

Ethan and I had a great day but last night we came back. I really didn't want to leave but I am happy to be back in my own bed. After finishing my morning routine, I decided I would go visit Tristan.

I got him some flowers to brighten up the room a little bit. The door opened revealing a woman I have not seen before.

"Who the fuck are you?" She asked. I raised my eye brow at her. "Who the fuck are you?" I spat back. "Bitch you're in my son's room." "You're his mother? And you just now deciding to come?" "Well it came out a few days ago, that the police had prior knowledge that the gang shooting was going to happen and they did nothing. Tristan was caught up in it. Since he was he will be getting a lot of money from this." "That's why the fuck you're here?" "Of course, Do you know what I can do with that money?" "You're a selfish bitch. What about Tristan or don't you care about him? Are you going to send him to college? Get him help. Are just keep it for yourself." "He owes me ok."

"He's a child. How in the hell does he own you any fucking thing?" "I had to give up everything for his ass. I didn't ask for him so since I gave him life, took care of his ass, feed and clothe him when he was a baby and now it's my fucking turn." "You don't fucking deserve him. Get da fuck out now." "I'm not going anywhere. I'm his mother." "You're no mother. You're a bitch who gave birth. Get the fuck out." "When I come back you better be gone and I am coming with the cops." "Bring em' then."

I watched her leave and waited for about 30 minutes later then went to Ethan's house.

I didn't either bother knocking I bammed hard as I could on his door 'til he opened the door.

"Ethan, we have to stop that bitch." "Hello to you Journee please come in and tell me what you are talking about." I walk in and turn to face him. "Stop that bitch." "First slow down and language please. Who are you talking about?" "Tristan's mom. She is saying something about getting money because he was shot that's why she wants to play mother of the year." "What money? When did you see her?"

"I went to see Tristan this morning she came in a little bit later asking me who am I and talking about the police officers got to pay for Tristan getting shot." "I'll check on this. It's some food in their if your hungry." "She doesn't even want him, just whatever this money is." "Go eat I'll be in there in a little bit."

Sitting at the table eating cereal Ethan walks in. "Cereal is not food." "If I had known you was coming I would of did a five-star breakfast Ms. Journee." "I don't need a five star just something more than cereal." "I called to see what she was talking about and he will be getting money but she hasn't been there. She doesn't have a case. Don't worry your pretty little head about it." "I'm worried about him. What if she manipulates him to stay with her she gets his money then puts him back on the streets? Then what?" "It's taken care of. Want to spend the day together?" "I don't want to go out and risk dealing with your family or your 'wifey'." I did air quotes around wifey and Ethan bust out laughing at me.

"It will be fine." "UGH! Fine but can I change clothes first?" "Yeah you can." Ethan grabbed his keys heading towards the door." "We leaving my car here?" "No. I am going to follow you that way your car will be at your place." I got up and walked out with Ethan behind me. I waited for him to lock up and then we left.

Before changing clothes, I decided to take a quick shower and my mind kept thinking about Tristan. I got out and got dressed then went to see Ethan sitting on my couch watching T.V.

"Anything good on?" "Not much was waiting for you. Are you ready?" "Yes, sir I am." We got in the car and Ethan kept smirking. "What's funny?" "Did you forget my parents are still at Hilton Head?" "Oh. I guess I did."

After this long drive, I was ready to kill Ethan.

"Are we every going to be there?" "Someone doesn't have patience's I see.? "Nope I sure don't." "We here now. You didn't see all of this from afar?" "I did I just didn't know we were coming to a fair." "I figured why not do something fun today?" "I'm glad I didn't wear heels." I say laughing while Ethan joined me. "I would have told you to change."

We have been her for about two hours and I'm so much fun. Eating all this food. I shouldn't but its so good. While sitting down eating I decided to ask a question that has been weighing heavily on me.

"Ethan why do your parents want you with Chloe so bad and why is Chloe so desperate to have you?" I laugh lowly. "Chloe and I dated back in middle school. Our parents have always been friends. My dad is a business man and so is hers. They assumed that I was going into the business but God had other plans for me. We I made the choice to be a fire fighter they did everything to get me to change my mind but I never did. That's when they asked what if I was a fire fighter on weekends and I declined that. When God called me to become a minister it was so crazy at first but I kept praying then things changed until I became pastor at the church. That's when they started up again about Chloe and me. I know she is not the woman for me and I need for them to understand that."

"Well damn Ethan. Has she tried to seduce you? I'm sure she has." "She tried at Hilton Head. She said she could strip for me and had on lingerie." I really tried to hold back my laughter but I couldn't. "I wonder why she did that?" "You." I looked shocked.

"Come on let's go play some games."

**Ethan**

I Just won Journee this big bear from playing basketball she is so happy. I can't get the fear out of her eyes from this morning. For someone who says they don't have a heart she does it's just well hidden. After going on more rides and playing more games it was time to leave.

"Why do we have to leave?" "I told we got another place to go. We have to eat." We go in the car and Journee was holding on to bear I won her. "Thank you." She says lowly. "Your welcome. Did you enjoy it?" "I did. I have never been to one before. I mean besides from when I sung at the carnival but I never got to walk around or ride anything." We pulled up and her face dramatically.

"Ethan what is this?" "We are having dinner." "It's on a boat." "Yes, I know we have a four-hour dinner cruise." "Are you serious? Wait who is all going to be on here?" "Calm down its just us?"

We go on the boat and her face is priceless but she looks so happy. "Journee, you ok?" "I have never been on anything this like this before." I grab her hand, come let's sit down."

"For someone who says they don't have a heart they really do." "What are you talking about?" "You were so concern with Tristan." "I don't want him like me is that a crime. He needs a real chance at life." "You can have a real chance at life. You don't have to take your clothes off or sell your body Journee. Your better than that." "How would you know?" "Fine. Do me favor while we eat?" "What." "Strip." "Excuse me." "Not your clothes. Pain, hurt, fears, doubts, heartaches, heartbreaks, insecurities, failtures, everything now strip."

Comment:

Vote: