Chapter 26

Family Vacation? 

**Ethan**

After church, I went to my parents for lunch and to spend some time with them.  I knocked and my dad answered.

“Ethan come in so. Sermon was great.” “Thanks dad but it is not me. It’s all God. He is just using me. I am a vessel, a solider in His army.” Before my dad could speck I heard my mom. “My baby boy.” “Hey mom” I say while hugging her. “Let’s eat.” My dad says.

After saying grace, we begin eating. “Ethan Your father and I was talking, how about we go on a family vacation. We can leave tonight after church.  I know you have off all next week.” “How do you know that mom?” “We haven’t been on a family vacation in so long. It is way past due.” “I guess we can. Where are, we going?” “Hilton Head, South Carolina. I booked us at the Westin hotel and resort.” “I think it will be great mom.”

We continued to talk and my mind went back to last night. Seeing Journee smile made everything complete for me. Her word continues to play in my head I don’t have a heart. As a pastor, it pains me to hear someone to say that. It doesn’t have to be her.

**Journee**

Yesterday was amazing. Ethan was a complete gentleman and I am so happy he was my first date. Thinking back on the date the best part was when we laid together and talked, well until I told him I don’t have a heart and don’t know how to love. I had to come meet my boss today for some reason. I pull up at the club and see his car and head inside to his office.

“Stan if you go me here for some dumb shit I will fuck you up.” “Relax Journee nothing like that. I want you and lollipop to go to Hilton Head, South Carolina. Y’all will be doing a photo shoot and I talked with a club down there and if y’all want you can dance. She saw how good you are.” “How much?” “Yes, well I think I worked out something for both of us.” “Go head.” “I’m paying for everything when you get there. You pay for your own good and things like that. I am paying for photoshoot. If you dance of course I will get 15% of that and on calendar sales I will get 80%.” “No to the calendar sales. It’s my pictures that will be out there and you know that they are going to sell. Try again.” “How about 45%.”  “Hum I can I can work with that.” “Good you leave tonight.”

After leaving I go to pack and take the first flight out. 

** Ethan** 

After church, we went straight to the airport I am actually excited about the trip and being able to spend time with just family. Once on the plane others were boarding when my blood boiled. I looked over at my mom who was smiling so hard.

“Mom what did you do?” “Well honey I thought that Chloe and her family should come. Y’all can look at venues or make you think of a honeymoon.” I look my mom dead in her eyes. “I have never been more hurt by you than I am right now.” 

I looked at my mom the turned away as she called my name and Chloe sat down beside me. “Ethan don’t be mad at your mom. She just wants us to be.” I ignored her looking anywhere else. We took off and I just studied the bible during the flight. 

I am here laying the bed the hotel is very nice. I haven’t talk to my parents, Chloe, or her parents since. I pray and hope tomorrow is a better day then go to sleep. 

Waking up I walk over to the window and see the beach I smile to myself. God does create beauty in everything. Everything he does surprises me and makes me want to know him more. I was about to leave to get a shower when someone caught my eye. It can’t be. 

I took a quick shower and rushed down to see if my eyes are playing tricks. I walked up to where is she sitting. “Journee” I said her name softly. She turned to face me.  “What are you doing here?” We said in unison. “My family and I are supposed to be having a family vacation but…” “Chloe came.” She interrupted me. “Yes, she did. My mom invited her. What are you doing here?” “Photoshoot for work and maybe dancing at a club here.” “You in this hotel?” “Yes I am.” “I have to go get stuff ready for today’s photoshoot. You want to come?” Before I could stop myself I said “Sure why not.” “I have to get my stuff from my room. Can we meet here in about 15 minutes?” “Of course, let me get my phone and I’ll be back.”  We went our different ways.