Chapter 47

More Than One New Beginning

**Ethan**
{Five months later}

I just finished praying thanking God for his blessings for this day. I was about to finish getting dressed when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see my parents.

“What are yall doing here? Neither of yall are welcomed at my wedding.” “Ethan, we just wanted to see you on your special day.” “Once again, leave you're not welcome. You have seen me now go.” “Son, your so cold. We are still your parents.” “You didn’t think about me when you disrespected Journee and myself. What you did didn’t just hurt Journee but me. Your child. I had to do what was right for me and the woman I am going to spend the rest of my life with.” Before my parents could speak Curtis showed up.”

“Is everything alright?” “My parents were just leaving. Can you please escort them out and check on Journee for me please?” I’m on it. I’ll be back to walk out with you in a little bit.”

I watched them leave and I cannot lie to myself it breaks my heart that my parents will not be here to see me get married. I finish getting dressed with a broken heart.

**Journee** 
Sitting her I haven’t done anything except look at the window. I hear a knock at the door. “Who is it.” “Me.” A voice I know all too well. I open the door and got a look from Curtis.
“Why are you looking at me like that?” “Because you’re not dressed. Come on. Sit.” We sat down and I took a deep breath as Curtis just looked at me.

“I don’t know if I can do it. I don’t know if I can marry Ethan.” “Journee” “I can’t take disappointing or letting another person down. I mean first my mom and my son. I mean I jus.” I was cut off by Curtis. “You have not let anyone down and you want.” “Look at all the havoc it is causing Ethan right now. I don’t want to keep hurting him.” Journee, I have been helping both of yall plan this wedding. I even went wedding dress shopping with you. By the way that was not my favorite time with you then I get a call I come back in ten, ten minutes later Journee and you done picked out a dress and want even let me see it. Sweetie, I know you worried but You and Ethan are going to be just fine.”

“How are you so sure?” I watched the expression on his face change.  “I know my best friend. Ethan had changed. He’s happier. Ethan’s parents have always been around but they were never there. When he started drinking it was bad I was drinking also but Ethan was worse. I tried talking to him but he heard what I said but he wasn’t listening. When the car wreck happens Ethan was so detached from himself and his parents did nothing except make him promise to marry Chloe if they made all of that disappear and Chloe’s parents did a little bit. So, when Ethan got clear and got help on his own he found God that is who he trusts to guide him and anchor him. That is how I know you and Ethan are going o make it. Ethan has dedicated his life to God and he still is Ethan wouldn’t have made this step had it not been for God telling him. Trust me everything is going to be just fine.”

I looked at Curtis with tears in my eyes. “We are his family.” “Pretty much.” Curtis phone ping saying he got a message. “It’s Ethan.” “We got to get ready to walk out in a few then I got to get to you. Or are we calling this off.” I wiped my face. “I’ll be ready in 10 minutes.” Curtis gave me a tight hug then kissed my cheek. “I’ll be back to get you in a few.” I nodded my head. When he left I started with my hair once I finish with that I realized I had a small problem. 

After sending a quick I heard a knock at the door. I open it to see the wedding planner who helped us. “What’s wrong.” “Can you please help me into my dress. I don’t have no one else to.” She smiled “Of course.” Just as I finished getting into the dress there was a knock on the door. The wedding planner said “Its time. Are you ready?” “I nodded my head yes. She opened the door and Curtis walked in as I was looking at myself in the mirror. 

 “Journee” Curtis spoke slowly

“Journee” Curtis spoke slowly. I slowly turned toward him. “You look beautiful. Simply amazing.” “Thank you” “You ready” “Absolutely”

As we got to the door memories and thoughts flooded my mind, good and bad hurt but in all those things the one constant was love. The doors open and everybody looked at me but mine only found sapphire eyes they calmed me yet raged me. I took a deep breath and begin to sing as I begin to slowly walk down the aisle.

[Verse 1]
I found love in you
And I've learned to love me too
Never have I felt that I could be all that you see
It's like our hearts have intertwined and to the perfect harmony

[Chorus]
This is why I love you
Ooh this is why I love you
Because you love me
You love me
This is why I love you
Ooh this is why I love you
Because you love me
You love me

[Verse 2]I found love in youAnd no other love will doEvery moment that you smile chases all of the pain awayForever and a while in my heart is where you'll stay[Chorus]This is why I love youOoh this is why I love youBecause you love meYou love meT...

[Verse 2]
I found love in you
And no other love will do
Every moment that you smile chases all of the pain away
Forever and a while in my heart is where you'll stay

[Chorus]
This is why I love you
Ooh this is why I love you
Because you love me
You love me
This is why I love you
Ooh this is why I love you
Because you love me
You love me
This is why I love you
Ooh this is why I love you
Because you love me
You love me  

I finished singing when I reached Ethan who was crying. I wiped the tears from his face.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here, in the sight of God, and in the presence of these witnesses, to join together this man and this woman, in holy matrimony; which is an honorable estate, instituted by God. Journee and Ethan, I understand yall have written your own vows.” We nodded our heads. “Journee”

“I really don’t know what to say. I never knew a feeling like this. You found me in this place where I thought I would stay but you can and you taught me how to breathe again, how to move on with a broken heart mostly how to love with a broken heart, you taught me how to love me and from that, I fell in love with you. I don’t know how I can eve pay you back or begin to so from this point on I plan to make you happy as you have made me. I plan to be everything you need, but please know you have done enough just by stepping in my life. I have to say I know my son would have loved you just as much as I do.”

“Ethan” 

“Journee, my heart is yours. I no longer need it. You are my heart. My joy. The most important thing you are to me is my backbone. God chose you for me for a reason and I will not question Him. When He gave you to me to have as a wife, That I something I will never stop thanking God for. There will only be three people in the marriage, me, God and you. No one else is welcome and He will steer us. I promise I will do everything in the world to keep a smile on your beautiful face. I know that no matter what storms come our way we will make it because we have each other. You are my personal angel God sent. I wish I could take all your pain away but since I can’t I will love you and make that part of you become a distant memory.  

“May we have the rings. And each of yall repeats after me.”

I was on auto pilot because I was so lost in Ethan’s eyes but something was still nagging at me.

“It now does me great pleasure to introduce for the first time Mr. & Mrs. Rev. Ethan Harbin. Ethan, you may now kiss your bride. 

At reception:

“Curtis, I need to talk to you now.” We took off.

**Ethan**
I looked over and caught someone I did not want to see. “Chloe, what are you doing at my wedding?” “I can’t believe you really did it. You really married her. Why? I mean she's a whore.” “But she has me.” I watch her laugh. “Looks like your friend is about to have her too.” I see Curtis and Journee rushing off. “Adam take her out and make sure she leaves,” I asked one of my friends. “Sure will.” 

I went to find where Curtis and Ethan went to and I found them in a room alone and what I heard made this day even more perfect.

After they finished I saw tears coming from her eyes. I said a prayer to God thanking him for saving my wife. 

I walked up to her and held her tight. After a while, we went back to our reception.

Comment:

Vote: