14

Emily's POV 

"babe wake up" I was shook awake. By who? Drew duhh. The moment I opened my eyes, I got a nauseous feeling at the pit of my stomach. I pushed past Drew and ran into the toilet, allowing all the contents into the toilet bowl. I felt my hair being pulled up.  "Are you okay?" Drew asked in concern. 

"Yeah..." I stood up and brushed my teeth.  "Get ready Emily , we are going to meet the rest of the family. They may not be so nice okay?" Drew said as he tied his tie and gel his hair up. Damn he look fine but... he looks a little upset. 

I quickly changed into red dress and took a cardigan along, leaving with Emily .  At the main house gathering.  The main house is ridiculously huge. By the way the main house is where everyone in the family gathers there for a celebration or something.  Drew held my hand tightly as we walked down halls after halls and finally reached a room. Everyone had this tense atmosphere. They literally was glaring daggers at Drew but soon they went back to minding their own business. 

"Drew, whats up with those people? Aren't they your family?" I asked out of breath. Out of breath?  "They are my family. Also my haters and rivals. Don't forget. I am the president of the Mercury Company. I am the one chosen by my grandfather. They are jealous and constantly trying to bring me down." Drew said without any emotion, sitting down on a couch. 

I kept quiet until someome called us to go to the dining room. We sat down as the food are setted in front of us. First dish fish. I had a sudden feeling of nauseousness and pushed it away.  Oh right what if Drew was worried about me.

I flinched and said "Ah Drew im just not in the mood to eat. Dont worry"  I waited for a response. No response. Suddenly the man across me spoke.  "Drew oh Drew your wife was talking to you and yet you ignore her. What a joke. The president of a formidable company is such a cold man. Oh grandfather why did you choose him to be the president" The man spoke with sarcasm in every word that he spat then he continued "maybe you aren't that suitable to be the president. Maybe we should change -"  I interrupted him. Pouring my cup of red wine at his face. He looked at me with shock and anger.

"Well maybe you should just shut up. You don't know how hard he works everyday. Sometimes he isn't home at all guess what hes doing? Working. Can you be as hardworking as he is today? I dont think so judging from your pathetic attitude" I spat with anger then I continued looking at the rest of the family  " you all don't even act like a family and yet you act like you know Drew so well, every word you say is as if indirectly trying to hurt him not even trying to help him even though he is your family.

Even though I'm his fiancee and soon to be wife in 2 weeks time, I know him better than you all. Jealous fags." I finished and stomp off the halls leaving everyone including Drew dumbfounded.  What the fuck is with them huh. Dumbfats. I walked to the car angrily and felt someone holding my waist.  "Baby, that was one hell of a love confession to me" Drew whispered in my ears.  I looked away. "Emily , I didn't reply you because I knew if I spoke a single word, they would have indirectly say some mean things. Those mean things will be directed to you, not me. Im sorry okay?"

He said and pulled me into a hug again.  I looked at him as he smiled sadly to me. "I'm sorry you had to witness this but this is reality" he spoke once again. I sighed accepting the fact that those dumbfats are his family.