22

Emily's POV 

"This may be a little bit cold" The doctor said and applied a cold gel on my tummy before placing the transducer on my womb area.  I held on to Drew's hand tightly and he returned the grip.  The doctor then pointed out where the baby's face and body and limbs are. Its still so tiny and small. Giving me an automatic sense of protectiveness over my baby.  I looked over at Drew and saw a twinkle in his eyes as he watched the screen attentively.  "Do you want a picture?" The doctor asked. Immediately, both Drew and I said or more like shout (in a enthusiastic manner) "Yes please!".  The doctor chuckled and told us he will give them to us after the session.

Most probably because he doesnt want us distracted.  Im just so glad Drew shares the same feeling as I do for this baby.  Then, the doctor wiped off the gel from my stomach. I pulled my shirt back down and went to sit on the chair in front of the doctor's desk.  He gave us a precaution of what to be careful of as I'm still in my first trimester. Drew was nodding all the way.  After the session, Drew and I walked back to where our car was. He opened the door for me and I happily slided in. 

"Emily , when we know what is the gender of the baby, lets go and get the baby products together. Just you and me." Emily said, emphasizing on "you and me".  "Okay" I answered, deep down I'm hopping around in happiness.  As we were on the way home, I received a text from Eric .  Hey hey hey~ how did the checkup go? xR-  It went pretty well in fact. Drew came with me. :D xC-  Oh is that so. If he dares to bully you tell me okay? xR-  Before I replied my phone was taken from my hand. I looked up and saw Drew with my phone.  "You're texting that guy again." He said looking at the road still.  "Eric asked for my wellbeing." I defended.

Whats up with him.  My phone vibrated again in his hands. He looked upset and chucked my phone to the backseat with a loud sound. Yay life. Note the sarcasm.  "Hey what did you do that for?!" I hissed angrily. If my phone spoils and I have to buy another one, hes paying for it.  "I dont want you texting that guy anymore Emily " He spat. Still not looking at me.  We reached the house when he said that. 

I hopped out of the car and opened the backdoor to get my phone.  I took it and checked whether its spoilt or not. And. There. Is. A. Crack. On. My. Screen. Great.  I turned around and he was leaning against the car. I glared at him with all that I can master and shove my phone in front of his face.  "Do you see this" I hissed.  "See what." He raised an eyebrow on me. Someone hold me back from shaving his eyebrows away.  "This is a crack" I pointed out on my pathetic phone "and you caused it!" I continued. 

Tears welled up. What is this pregnancy hormones!?  "Whoa Hey babe why are you crying?" His previous arrogance turned into nothing but concern.  "You... you broke my phone" i wailed. I dont even know why.  I was carried in and placed on the couch. "Get me some icecream" I demand while sobbing. Immediately he dashed for the fridge and got me an icecream.  I finished it in a jiffy as he sat beside me, looking at me attentively. 

Drew's POV 

Okay. Now I feel guilty. I caused a tiny crack on her phone and shes crying. What? I was just unhappy with her texting that Eric guy.  "Get me some icecream" she said while sobbing like a five year old. I quickly ran for the refrigerator and got her the icecream.  She finished it and turned to look at me with her puffy eyes and her mouth still had some icecream on it.  I chuckled and wiped it off of her. "Now give me a hug" she demanded while pouting.  I pulled her onto my lap cradling her. She buried her face in my neck, taking in a deep breath. Awwww what the hell.

Why is she so cute!?  I grinned to myself and continued patting her back. Is this what they call pregnancy hormones. Something like mood swings?  "This is all your fault that my phone had a crack on it. That phone was my favorite one!" She said while hitting my back.  I apologized to her and gave her a light kiss on the forehead before she buried her face back on my neck. Soon her breathing was gentle and calm. Shes sleeping.  I carried her up like a kid and tuck her into the bed. She sprawled her hands and legs out. I chuckled. 

Before I left the room, she mumbled "Drew... I love you". 

That got my heart thumping. 

I took her phone and went out.