Chapter 4

DST 2: ch 4

"Okay, Spill." Kasey demands as we sit on my bed. I look at her confused as I lay back, on my bed. "Oh no... don't not say anything. I need to know everything." She says pulling me to sit up. I laugh sitting up facing her.

"Okay, but shouldn't Tom be here. I really don't want to explain this all again." I say defeated. She grins at me, and I roll my eyes.

"I'm here." I hear from the other side of my door. It opens as Tom comes in causing me to raise an eyebrow. "I just got back from practice." He explains. I nod my head, and Kasey pats the spot on the bed next to her. Tom shuts the door before joining us on my bed.

"Where should I start?" I say thinking about it.

"The beginning." Kasey offers. I send her a quick glare before starting with the story. I explain to them everything about the whole tutoring thing, and why I sit at the table with the gang members. How they are basically my other group of friends, and their faces are priceless.

"You aren't scared of them?" Tom asks. I shake my head laughing. "They are so damn intimidating though."

"You don't know them that well yet. I mean I don't, but they aren't bad." Kasey gives me a pointed look.

"They aren't bad? They aren't bad!" She says getting louder. "They are in a gang for crying out loud!" She shouts. I throw a pillow at her which hits her right in the face. "What was that for?" She asks throwing it back, but I catch it.

"Don't shout stupid!" I shout at her. "There is nothing wrong with me hanging out at their lunch table." I defend myself.

"Yes there is."

"Lynds, they are dangerous." Tom says calmly. I look at him sighing.

"They haven't given me a reason to not feel safe with them. I'm not saying I fully trust them or anything, but I'm not afraid of them." I tell him.

"So, why does Blake call you sunshine?" Kasey asks. I groan looking to her, and she just sits there waiting for an answer.

"It's just a nickname he has for me. Like Drake calls me Kitten, so I don't see what you are getting at." I feel sadness wash over me. I remember the way he sat with her on his lap, and how he seemed happy about it. I look down to my lap feeling anger course through me.

"Lynds, are you okay?" They both ask at the same time sounding very concerned.       

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine." I say quietly looking up. I can see they aren't sold on what I said, but I ignore it. "How about we start our homework?" I offer wanting to not talk about this anymore. They nod their heads agreeing, and I sigh relived. I'm going to have to take a drive later.

----

Tom and Kasey left after we finished homework, it's Friday which means they had a date, and I am now left alone. I sit on my bed with my lap top and a bag of m&ms. I'm watching one of my favorite shows contently. As it gets to a creepy part I start to grow a little scared, and a tapping noise at my window doesn't help. I refuse to go check it out as I pause my show hiding under my blankets.

The door to my room opens making me squeal as I feel someone come near me. "Lyndsey calm down it's only me." I hear Cam say. I peak out from my blankets sighing in relief when I see him. He sits on my bed and I look at him raising an eyebrow. The window tapping doesn't stop gaining Cam's attention.

"Cam, I think there is a monster out there." I panic. He looks back to me like I've lost it, which if you ask me I lost it a while ago.

"Are you kidding?" He asks and I shake my head. Cam groans before he goes to the window, and opens it. He looks down tensing up. "Who the hell are you guys?' He asks. I cautiously get up to peak out the window.