Chapter 17

DST 2: ch 17

I walk both Gunner and Gizmo down the street. I haven't seen Drake since the incident at the ice cream place, which was a few days ago, so Gunner has been with me. Blake and Jason were busy today after school and couldn't watch me, which is why I'm walking alone with the dogs. Tony was supposed to come watch me, but hasn't showed yet being two hours late. I let out a sigh wondering how Joe is doing. He hasn't been heard from since Drake stabbed him.

The dogs start to grow tense with every step. They then stop as they start to growl at something I can't see. My body grows tense knowing danger is close, but not seeing where it is. "Who's there?" I ask loudly, channeling the Devil's Assassin in me to sound strong. A voice chuckles making the dogs growl louder.

"Munchkin," he comes out of the shadows looking amused. "It's time we talk." My eyes widen at my brother who now stands just ahead of me. He looks to the dogs before looking to me letting an annoyed breath out. "Call them off." He warns.

"They are fine." I tell him trying to not sound nervous. He pulls out a gun and points it between the two dogs.

"Call them off." He orders.

"Put the gun down and back away!" I hear Tony behind me. I feel myself relax slightly knowing I'm not alone.

"Or I could just shoot you." Chris moves the gun to point it at Tony, who stands behind me. I gently drop Gunner's leash, and he quickly jumps into action tackling Chris to the ground. His gun flies from his hand letting Tony take action. Chris tries to hurt Gunner by punching and hitting him, but Tony kicks his side. Gunner backs off as Tony goes at my brother to knock him out. I take a step back not wanting to watch.

I start walking back home with Gizmo. Gunner runs over slightly limping, and Tony catches up to us. "Drake is going to kill me." He says shaking his head.

"Why?"

"You saw him and was in danger. Not to mention Gunner seems to have been hurt, but he's been through worse." Tony sighs looking over his shoulder. I glance to him and see his lip is bleeding, and his jaw is bruising.

"You got hurt to."

"It's nothing." He shrugs off. I just nod my head as we continue walking. As soon as he gets in my house Tony locks the door. I unleash the dogs, and Gunner goes to lay on Gizmo's bed in the family room. Gizmo follows him and starts licking his head.

"We should clean you up." I say looking to Tony.

"I can handle this, where is your bathroom." I point down the hall, and he nods his head before taking off. I walk over to Gunner, his eyes follow my actions, and I squat down to look him over. I see the blood on his side and front paw. I frown rubbing his head, and he lets out a content noise. I stand up to get what I need to clean him up, and as I do so I pick up my phone to call Drake. He picks up on the second ring.

"Kitten what's wrong?" He sounds concerned, but more like himself.

"A little incident happened, and Gunner got a little beat up. So did Tony."

"I'm on my way. Are you okay?"

"Yes." I breathe hoping he believes me. I just saw my brother again, and he tried to shoot my dog.

"I don't like when you lie Kitten. Are you physically hurt?"

"No."

"Okay, I'll be there in a few." He says before hanging up. I put my phone down as I get some stuff to help Gunner.

    "Who were you talking to?" Tony demands walking back into the room.