Chapter 3

Julian's P.O.V

Today was the day.

The day I'd become the alpha of my pack and find my mate, the thought made the corner of my lips twitch as my body begged me to smile but I kept it in. I've been dreaming of this day since I knew I would be alpha one day and now it was finally here.

"Julian are you ready? We have to head over to the hall soon." My mom shouts from downstairs.

"I'll be down in a minute."
I look at my reflection in the mirror with an unwavering sense of pride in my chest, I was wearing a simple white button up and my favorite, dark blue jeans.
I made my way downstairs in my parents new house, meeting my mother in the drive way.

"Oh my beautiful boy, look at you!" She exclaims running over to me and suffocating me in one of her so called hugs.

"Beth let the boy go." My dad scolds as he comes out the house, reluctantly my mom lets me go. We don't waste any time as we start walking towards the hall.
The coronation was being held in our hall since it was bigger than The Dark Woods Pack's, that's a really horrible pack name, it sounded like a child picked it.

"How are you feeling?" My dad asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Fine."

"That's it, no nerves?" He asks searching my eyes for any emotions that weren't there.

"I'm fine father." I knew he hated it when I didn't call him dad, but I just didn't feel comfortable doing that. The conversation continued between my parents as I walked behind them, not too long after we were in front of the large hall which was already packed with people from both packs along with representatives from neighboring packs. Without being told, I headed to the back entrance where people were scrambling to finish preparations. I was immediately lead to a back room where I was to wait until everyone was ready, they took this incredibly serious and had been planning it for months. Opening the door I see the back of the one person I didn't want to see until I absolutely had to, Aiden turned on his heels, a smirk making it's way on his lips when he sees me. He was wearing a black button up with black jeans along with his dark shades per usual.

"Jewels! I thought you weren't going to make it, tardy on your first day wouldn't of been the best look." He says as he sits down in the corner chair crossing his long legs.

"Today is really not the day to piss me off." I warn sitting in a chair close to the window.

"Trying to make a good impression for the mate?" He teases, when I don't answer he continues. "I am, that's why I'll behave for the day."

"I honestly couldn't care less." I reply looking out of the window.

"Prick." He mutters.

"Imbecile." I fire back.

"Asshole."

"Simpleton."

"Rodent."

"Dimwit!" I growl

"Asshat!" He spits, we're now standing eye to eye panting and heaving in rage. I can feel my eyes glowing as my canines extend, looking through his shades I could see his eyes a fiery red, but that was impossible, only rogues had red eyes and Aiden wasn't a rogue. So why the hell were they red? Noticing me studying his eyes he turns away quickly just as someone opens the door.