Chapter 49

Julian's P.O.V

"Aiden, slow down." I groan as I watch him drift around the room frantically throwing things into our bags as quickly as possible.

"No, we need to head back." He says not bothering to look at me. After we got home last night, we went straight to be not really knowing what to say so we just held one another instead. But I woke up to this Aiden packing up everything saying we had to leave.

"What's going on?" I ask standing up to go meet him, I grab his arm stopping him in his path. He turns to face me slowly as I hold his face gently in my hands, searching his eyes for any type of reasoning.

"We need to go back home. You said your brother had a few witches in his pack, they'll help you." He says making my eyes widen. "Before this gets any worse."

"Aiden, it doesn't work like that." I say with a weak smile.

"Well it has to." He says with his eyes darkening a little. "Witches always find a way, they'll find a way to bring Alex out from wherever he is."

"You're going to go to some witches in a rogue pack? You?" I say skeptically. "Your eyes are already glowing at the mention of them and I can feel the rage coming off you. It'll just make you worse."

"Anything happening to you will make me worse." He says pressing his forehead to mine. "I'll be fine once you are, so don't worry about me."

"Aiden.." I try again but he stops me by pressing his soft lips to my own, kissing  me slowly as his arms slide around my waist.

"Don't fight me on this, please." He says against my lips, I nod reluctantly making him press a quick kiss to my lips before continuing his packing. I sigh as I go bath before helping him gather everything.

"Are you sure?" I ask at the car after he locked up everywhere.

"Yes." He says looking at the large open field before driving away.

-----

"What ever happened to Jessica?" Aiden asks as we make our way down the large highways, we already crossed over one state and had another to go. If we kept driving all night, we'd make it back home tomorrow morning

"I don't want to play." I mumble looking out the window.

"Come on." Aiden says trying to draw me out.

"No." I say making myself into a ball.

"Ramen died for nothing then." He says making me crack a smile. "Julian what's my favorite color?"

"Black."

"And what's the color of my eyes?"

"Black with a little gold." I mumble, when he doesn't say anything I turn to look at him. He's smiling away with his eyes focusing on the road. "Why'd you ask me that?"

"No reason." He says glancing my way.

"I'm going to sl-"

"What's your earliest memory of me? Or just any memory?" He asks eagerly cutting me off making me groan at the question. "Indulge me."

"We were like six or something." I start after a while of straining to remember everything. "Our parents took us to the zoo and you dragged me away to the giraffes. I told you we had to stay with our parents but you wouldn't listen. I wanted to see the penguins but you said giraffes were cooler. So we stood there looking up at the skyscrapers that were giraffes and you were smiling so brightly as if they were magical. And I asked you why you liked them so much and you told me it was because they're so tall and you want to be that tall. To look over everyone and protect them because you can see the trouble coming from far. I told you that was a stupid logic and you pushed me down some stairs."