Chapter 63

Hey sorry about that whole mix up with posting this chapter.

Aiden's P.O.V

I glance over the group we were left with, I was praying to God it'd be enough. Even though Julian made the right call to let people go back home, it made our numbers deplete by about seventy five percent. The ones who remained were probably the only people who could get through this.
Among others there was my personal rogue hunting team, Emitt, Beckett, Isabel, Kat, her wolves and Julian who was charging forward with only anger lacing his eyes bright blue eyes.

Take a breath - I say making him jump a little in surprise, he looks back at me with a slight nod as he relaxes a little. I needed to keep an eye on him if I didn't want him to be overtaken by rage and lose himself, he was already slipping after what happened with his brother which was understandable. He shouldn't have killed him, he needed to die but he shouldn't have been the one to do it, he was angry in the moment and I think that would be something he'd regret when this was all over.

The scent of rogues hits me hard as we cross over into the outskirts of Greenwood pack territory who had already given us permission to travel through, they'd even sent some of there own to join us.

Stop! - I announce through the link making everyone from my pack halt but the Greenwood members continue a little further before jumping back when they realize that we had stopped. One of them barely missing a claw that'd come out swinging towards his paw, like a bear trap of sorts. I shift before going towards it carefully to examine it, it was dripping in wolf's bane so if his foot got caught in that it'd be a bitch to heal and would've been excruciatingly painful.

"They're setting traps now." Julian says kneeling down beside me as he picks up a few pebbles from the ground. "I miss when they just came at you on pure instinct."

"Yeah." I say as he throws the pebbles forward as several branches swing out with large wooden spikes on every inch of it.

"We should move to the left but continue using the path.....but he'd know we'd do that. So we should probably move further off course until we can't smell them anymore." Julian says making me frown. "We weren't following a scent before, we were going by location. This scent could lead us straight into a trap, it's already led us into a few."

"What if Oliver was leading us into a trip?" I suggest reluctantly, it was too soon to bring up his brother but I needed to put it out there in case.

"He wasn't." Is all he says before walking back to the group, I nod to myself as I turn back to face the men, some had shifted back, others were still in wolf form.

"You all heard that so I don't have to repeat, Greenwood members and Kat stay in the center of the group since you don't share our link." I say making them all nod in understanding as we shift back and run far left, continuing to move towards the factory.

What do you think we're running into? - I ask Max who's been having a field day since this started, I gave up the reigns sometimes to let him have his fun which he was enjoying immensely.

A shitshow - He says making me chuckle to myself. Your dad said getting in was the hard part, but I bet they've improved over the years.

This should be interesting then - I reply as we continue to run. We run for what feels like forever trying to conserve what energy we had left, it was already midday meaning there was no night coverage or surprise attack we could pull.