27. A Race

Jungkook sat on the couch, riding out his fifth contraction.

"Hngh! 15 minutes.." He said to himself.

"S-someone will b-be here soon baby p-please just w-wait..." He struggled to say as he stroked his swollen stomach and groaned in pain.

-

Taehyung ran as fast as his legs could carry him.

Only 15 blocks away.

-

Jimin hopped in his car and quickly turned it on. He drove above the speed limit, but he didn't care

Only 11 miles away.

- (a/n: can you see what im doing here?)

13 blocks

9.5 miles

11 blocks

6.5 miles

9 blocks

5 miles

Stop for breath

Red light

8 blocks

4.5 miles

6 blocks

3 miles

4 blocks

1.5 miles

1 block

Finally here.

Finally here.

-

Jungkook had another contraction and was struggling to stay conscious.

He finally heard someone knocking, well, banging on the door. He waddled as fast as he could to the door because he knew that another contraction would come in a few minutes.

He opened it to find a panting Taehyung and a worried Jimin.

"Taehyung? Jimin?" He asked.

"Let's get you to the hospital Jungkook." Jimin said, pulling Jungkook's arm lightly. 

Jungkook followed but stopped abruptly when a large contraction came and he felt warmth between his legs. 

"J-Jungkook your... water *pant* broke!" Taehyung panted, going to soothe him from the contraction.

"Can you walk?" Jimin asked. Jungkook just frantically shook his head as he clutched his bump.

Jungkook could already feel the baby dropping to his bottom. He was terrified. He didn't want this to be happening. He wasn't ready.

"O-Okay um Taehyung do you think you can you carry him?" Jimin asked.

"Not far." He answered.

"At least get him to the couch then." Jimin said, running inside the apartment and setting down a towel as Taehyung carried Jungkook bridal-style to the big couch.

"It hurts!" Jungkook cried out.

"I know baby just breathe okay? In and out, like the burger place okay?" Taehyung joked to calm Jungkook down. 

Fortunately, he chuckled a bit.

Unfortunately, it caused the baby to drop down more and he could almost feel it under his legs.