1

Me: ...And that's basically a rundown of what happened tonight.

Boss: A ring... You've alerted us to the possibility that the target was or is married. Well done, as always.

Me: Thank you. But finding the ring was honestly just a stroke of good luck.

Is he actually married? Or does the ring have some other meaning? I don't know anything yet. I can't pat myself on the back simply for finding the ring.

Boss: You're being modest. You wouldn't have gotten that lucky break if you hadn't put yourself in the right place at the right time. Now then, regarding your next mission.. Your real work is just beginning. You are to acquire 'Code 007' from the target.

Code 007?

Boss: His company has been focusing a lot of energy on developing artificial inteigence-related technologies. They've already released a number of AI products marketed for personal use.

Me: Yeah, PARK is supposed to be announcing the release of new AI product any day now. Supposedly, Jimin made the trip to Korea specifically because the announcement is set to take place here.

Boss: Evidently, there's a possibility that the new product will come loaded with a special virus. When PARK release a new product, it immediately becomes the world standard. But if that AI deviced were to release a virus..

Me: Yeah, it's a scary thought. Especially if the virus were to attack military facilitties.

An AI launching indiscriminate cyber attacks... If it did happen to get control of a military system... Just imagining it is enough to make me shudder. In the hands of the wrong person, that kind of power could thrust the world into chaos. As an EAC agent, I'm used to getting all kinds of jobs. Many of my clients work for government agencies. This job is probably from one such client.

Me: This 'code 007'.. is that something that deactivates the AI?

Boss: Excellent guess. Yes it's the code that crashes the AI's program. Naturally, we expect the code you're looking for is under PARK's control. You are to obtain the necessary code, and use it to destroy the AI.

Me: Understood.

Boss: This is a big deal. It could be a state-sponsored cyber terrorism conspiracy. I looked into the target's personal history, but I wasn't able to find anything about him prior to his time in college. It's all very suspicious.

A CEO of multinational corporation with a hidden past...? That must be intentional. Park Jimin controls the largest infomation gathering company in world. It would be nothing for him to pull something like that off. He must have some dark secrets lurking in his past. If this is all true, I won't rest until I expose him for what he really is.. But Park Jimin is a shrewd man. I absolutely cannot let my guard down around him.

Boss: Haha. It's unusual to see you so cautions of an adversary. You're an excellent agent, y/n. I know you'll be able to pull this off, no problem.

Me: Of course. I'll get my hands on this 007 code and crash the AI.

Boss: I'm just praying your loyalty isn't compromised.

Me: Compromised? ...I would never betray you, Boss.

Boss: I trust you. Still, hearts can be swayed.

Me: I hate to think your trust in me is less than absolute, but if you're ever worried... Just remember the ironclad rules that bind us together.

A traitor's only reward is death. EAC agents must live by a variety of rulesz but that's the most severe of them all. Fail to carry out your assigned duties or betray the agency, and...we must pay with our lives.