20

Jimin: Like I said at the beginning, you don't need to sign, but in exchange, accept this.

I look at the ring he offers me, and time stops. I don't have a clue what Jimin is trying to pull. He knows Song Areum is an alias. He's extremely cautious, so he never stopped trying to find out who I am. Still... Why a ring...? No... I know exactly what he's trying to do. Jimin despises anything excessive or unnecessary. I can only think of one reason he'd give a woman a ring.

*flashack*

Jimin: I can't have you falling for me for real. So there's no ring.

*End*

There was a sign. I bet he's never shown anyone that room, but he showed me. He let me in. He told me about precious memories of his father. He must have fallen for me. I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions or being conceited.

(Just as I was falling for him... He was falling for me...)

Jimin: Say something.

Me: I... It's okay if I'm not named Song Areum?

My question is greeted with silence. After some time, Jimin quietly responds.

Jimin: I grew up in Italy after my parents died. I later moved to England. Romeo and Juliet was set in Italy, but it was written by an Englishman.

Me: Yes, I know. Shakespeare. Why do you mention that...?

Jimin: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. To borrow one of his lines... If you're you, then you can tell me all about why you used a fake name later. Right?

(As long as I'm me, that's all he needs...?)

All of sudden, I feel like I want to cry. It hurts to breathe. It's like tiny shards of ice are stabbing me in the chest.

(Why tonight...? I already know I can't crash Victoria. I don't think Jimin is a bad person. I was going to vanish. He was never going to see me again...)

I could accept the ring. If he wanted me to act like his real girlfriend this time, it would be very easy for me to do so. It would be so easy for my lips to say the words he wants to hear. I wouldn't even have to think about it.

(But I can't do that anymore. I don't want to. Jimin told me he didn't want us to have any secrets... And I want to be honest with him...)

Jimin: You've always been so talkative, whether I liked it or not. You mustn't be feeling like yourself tonight. Is there some reason you can't take this ring?

(I don't want to accept it.)

Ignoring that feeling, I place my hand on Jimin's.

Jimin: ...I smell machine oil.

Me: What...?

Jimin: That's an odd perfume.

I'm too stunned to speak as Jimin narrows his eyes at me.

Jimin: I see. You were in that room? You must have been after Code 007... You tricked me. But you were still going to take the ring. You really are a dangerous woman... Or should I say... An excellent spy.

Me: It's not like I'm going to take that ring.

(It's all over. Just like that...)

Jimin: Get out. Don't ever let me see your face again.

Me: ...Alright. but let me say one thing. It's about something you said once... You said that, to you, time passing means continuously losing the past. So, don't waste time. Put me in your past and lose me. I think that would be the best thing for you.

I'm never going to be able to see him again. When I walk out of here, I'll disappear.

Me: Goodbye, Jimin.

Although a faint tinge of sentimentality enters my voice, Jimin doesn't turn to face me. And so, I'm given the luxury of allowing just a hint of heartbreak to show on my face...

☪ ·̩   。 ☆   ゚ *   。*  +   *  ・ 。☆͙  ☆   *

- So short!!!! Aaaa will upload new chap as soon as possible!

⋆∘∗ೃ⋆∘∗

- N I E L M I N R A 🌷

(🌱)  Thanks for read ♡

(☁️) Comment ☆

(🌾) Vote ♡

(๑´ᗜ´)

|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    ♡
|    ♡