10

Felix: You still haven't gotten over your parents' deaths, huh?

Jimin: ...

Jimin's parents are dead?

Felix: I worry about you, Jimin, as a friend. It's good to throw yourself into your work, but you can't let yourself become a prisoner of the past.

Jimin: ...It's not of your concern what I do and don't do.

Felix: Don't be that way. Anyone with eyes can see the amazing things you've achieved... I'm sure your parents are looking down at you from heaven with pride.

This Felix guy call himself a friend, but he's not being very nice at all.. He's pretending to concerned for Jimin just so he can bring up things Jimin doesn't want to talk about. I don't like this guy. He act like a nice person at a glance, but that's just more evidence of what a bad dude he really is. Regardless, right now, I'm just Jimin's date. I'm in the prosess of swallowing the angry words rising up in my throat when...

Felix: Anyway, you should just forget about it already. I mean, it's why you came back, isn't it? To make the announcement in Korea instead of in America at your main office? You're still stuck on what happened under the Han River Bridge, aren't you?

Under the Han River Bridge? That must have something to do with an event in Jimin's past. I'll tell the boss when I get home, and we can start looking into it. However, even as I'm making my own cool, calculated plans, Jimin's expression is shifting. Jimin's usually more like an expressionless statue than a person. I can't believe the face he's making right now..

Felix: What's the matter, Jimin? Did something I say remind you of a painful memory?

I get it. That's what this Felix guy has been trying to do all along. He wanted to make a show of talking about Jimin's past in front of me, a third party. Felix KNOWS Jimin can't snap at him for fear of making a scene at the party and he's taking full advantage... What a coward! I don't like this guy's style, not one bit, but this is no time for me to butt in. I should leave it to Jimin to handle.

Jimin: This is a professional event. I'm in no mood to discuss my personal life.

Felix: I see. Hey Jimin.

Guest 1: Kyaaa!

*splash*

Me: Ugh...

A woman in a long gown stumbles, falling into Felix. Although he's able to withstand the impact, the glass of champagne in his hand isn't so lucky. As luck would have it, his champagne ends up all over the front of my dress...

Felix: I'm so sorry. Your dress...

Like I care. This is the perfect chance to get out of here.

Me: I just hope there's somewhere I can change clothes..

Jimin: I'll help you. Felix, I've got to get going.

Felix: Alright. It was nice to see you. And I'n really sorry about your dress. Please let me reimburse you...

Me: Don't worry about it.

Felix: If you change your mind and decide you'd like me to pay you back, give me a call anytime. I'd be more than happy to pick out a new dress for a woman like you. I hope I hear from you.

Me: I hate to break it to you... But I try not to date chatty men. They always want me to talk about my secrets, you know? Drives me nuts.

Jimin: ...

I'm only joking, of course. Curling my lips into a bewithing smile, I take Jimin's arm. Felix flashes me a pleased smile and walks off.

Jimin: ...Areum.