22

(All clear. No sign of any enemies.)

I sneak out of Shige's back door. My pursuers seem to be gathered at the front of the store.

(They'd catch me in no time if I hug around here. I've got to get out onto a busy street with lots of people...)

Quickly calling to mind the shortest route from here to the closest main thoroughfare, I run off, I ready to do what I have to do. The Incheon crowds are pretty thin this morning, so I decide to get out of the neighborhood as quickly as possible. Camouflaging myself in the crush of morning commuters, I manage to evade my pursuers undetected.

(I should probably change clothes somewhere. And I'd definitely like to change shoes too...)

I'm used to running full speed in heels, but sneakers would obviously be the safer choice. I'm working out the details of what to do next when...

*BZZZ*

(It's the boss...)

My blood runs cold the second I look at my phone.

(My phone is in constant correspondence with the closest branch office. Even if I turn the GPS off, as long as the power is on, my location is being recorded... That information is private, so the EAC doesn't usually look at it, but they could easily access it if they ever had a need to do so.)

I was fully aware of that, but I didn't ditch my cell. Probably because a part of me didn't want to believe the people who are after me want to eliminate me.

(But this is where that stops. I no longer have the luxury of that sort of optimism.)

Me: ...Hello?

Boss: Hello, Y/N. Beautiful morning, isn't it?

Me: Boss...

Boss: Let me check just to make sure... This isn't some sort of plan of yours, is it? You chose this ending for yourself, right? What a shame. You're my best agent. I never thought you'd betray me. You disappointed me, Y/N.

My heart aches when, oddly enough, the boss chooses to repeat Jimin's parting words.

(...I'n disappointing everyone I care about.)

Boss: I know you found Code 007 but made a run for it without crashing the AI. I also know you revealed yourself to Mr. Park. This is your last warning, Y/N. Destroy the AI and come back.

Me: And you expect me to believe that if I did that, the agency would make some sort of exception for me? I know. There are no exceptions. So I'm not going back. Besides... I can't destroy Victoria, not even if it costs my life.

Boss: Y/N...

Me: Back in college, you saved me when I was in danger, Boss. I respected you and wanted to be like you. That's why I joined the EAC. But... I'm sorry. This is goodbye, Boss.

I hang up the phone and walk into the nearby store. Then, without hesitating, I drop my phone into a water-filled flower vase near the entrance.

Front Dest Person: Here's your room key. Enjoy your stay.

Me: Thanks.

I take the key and head right for the elevator.

(I need a place where I can formulate an escape plan, and more importantly, I'm exhausted. I didn't expect the EAC to come after me so quickly)

A quick look at my surroundings naturally reveals a security camera. I deftly avoid its lens. One can never be too careful.

(I won't be able to stay here long. I've got to hurry and figure out where I'k going next.)

I'm rubbing the dull ache in my temples and waiting for the elevator when I hear a cheerful beep. The doors slide open, revealing...

 The doors slide open, revealing

Me: What...?

(Why...? What is Jimin doing here...!?)

My muscles stiffen at the shock. I stare, mouth agape, and Jimin, eyes wide, stares right back at me.

Jimin: Why...?

(We can't be seen together. I've got to get away from him.)

Jimin: Wait.

Me: Let go of m-!

Woman 1: Kyaa!!

Before I can finish what I'm saying, a distant woman's scream rips through the air. I look up to see what's going on and discover two men have a woman by the arms.

Woman 1: G- Get the hell off of me! What's this all about!?

Man 1: Sorry, we thought you were someone else.

Man 2: Really, we're very sorry.

(There's no doubt about it. Those two are looking for me.)

Jimin: ...That woman's the same build as you, and she's dressed similarly, too.

Me: Follow me, Jimin.

I grab Jimin's hand and lead him to a place where the two men by the entrance can't see us. After a little while, he whispers a question.

Jimin: Are you being chased?

Me: ...

Jimin: Well?

Although I momentarily hesitate, I eventually give him a little nod.

(I can't stay here. I've got to make a run for it. Now. But...)

My eyes flit over to Jimin. I'm very worried about leaving him behind here.

(He's the CEO of PARK, one of the biggest corporations in the world. I doubt even the EAC could take him down easily, but the boss knew I revealed my identity to Jimin. The agency could very well use that as an excuse to assassinate him.)

If I leave him behind, Jimin will he in danger. But it won't be easy to escape with a civilian in tow.

(Bringing ihim with me would only increase my risk getting caught. And if they catch me, it won't be pretty... Still, I... He may be uncommonly intelligent, but Jimin is still a civilian. Trying to escape with hin would jusy be a risk. I have to go alone...)

Jimin: ...

(Damn it. I can't leave him behind.)

Me: They're chasing me, Jimin. That probably means you're in danger as well. I know it's a selfish thing to ask, but I need you to make a run for it with me.

Jimin: Follow me.

Jimin walks off without delay, and I hurry after him.

(But where in the world does Jimin intend to take me...?)

☪ ·̩   。 ☆   ゚ *   。*  +   *  ・ 。☆͙  ☆   *

⋆∘∗ೃ⋆∘∗

- N I E L M I N R A 🌷

(🌱)  Thanks for read ♡

(☁️) Comment ☆

(🌾) Vote ♡

(๑´ᗜ´)

|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    ♡
|    ♡