24

It's something that could change the course of our lives... I guess you could say it's our ace in the hole. By the way, I'm not going to take no for an answer.

Me: And you can't tell me any more details?

Jimin: ...

Me: Then at least tell me where we're going.

Jimin: To the venue where I made the Victoria product development announcement.

(If we're going all the way there, then...)

Me: Does this have something to do with Victoria?

Jimin: ...

Me: I'll take that as a yes. So, we're going back there...

Jimin: I understand your concern. I won't deny it's risky. But I don't care what you say, I'm not changing my mind. All you can do right now is choose whether to come with me or not.

(He's serious... If I don't go with him tomorrow, I doubt I'll ever see him again.)

Silent stretches on... Jimin's eyes seem to waver as they gaze into mine. In that moment, Jimin opens his mouth to speak.

Jimin: It will be dangerous, but I don't have any sort of contract for you. I can't guarantee you'll benefit from this. But... do you think you could trust me anyway?

The things he says are blunt and to thr point. But the feelings behind his words nevertheless sink quietly into my heart.

(I've got to make another decision. Going with him would definitely be a risk... The question is, is it a risk worth taking?)

Me: I trust you, Jimin but I think it's too dangerous.

Jimin: If you don't come, I'll just go on my own... Are you sure you don't want to come?

Me: I'll go with you but with one condition.

Jimin: What is it?

Me: Sleep with me... Tonight.

Jimin: What...?

Me: Just sleep. Nothing else. I'm scared.

Jimin: ...Okay.

Me: By the way, how we're going to get to that venue.

Jimin: That won't be a problem. Daniel will come and get us.

Me: Okay... Let's sleep. I'm tired.

For the first time tonight, I sleep together with Jimin. I look at his face while he's sleeping. I whisper a words to him.

Me: You must be tired from the mess I made. Why you help me, Jimin? Why you being nice to me even when I tricked you.

I touch his face. He actually look cute while sleeping. I never think I'm going to fall in love with one of my target but here am I now. Betraying my agency for someone who never going to be mine.

Me: I love you.

I kissed him and falling asleep.

Daniel: Thank godness you're safe.

The next day, Daniel arrives to pick us up, just as Jimin said he would. A black car that looks like the kind of thing a foreign dignitary might ride to an event in pulls up beside the hotel.

(It's bulletproof... But the agency would never shoot at a car. That would attract too much attention. We should be able to make it safely to the venue in this. I didn't need to worry about transportation after all.)

Jimin: What's the current situation at the office?

Daniel: Pretty rough. The international press is hounding us for an explanation. Things are chaotic in the office. And your sudden disappearance isn't helping...