21

I take the elevator down from Jimin's apartment in PARK's office building and walk quickly across the grounds of Seoul Forest Stay, Korea.

Me: I'm on my own now...

(It was in part for Jimin that I decided not to destroy Victoria. I made a choice to betray the agency. They'll be after me soon enough. I'm going to have to think about getting out of the country... I'll have to use my fake passport and make a run for it.)

I don't know how long I'll be able to evade them, but as reliable as the EAC is for an agent, they're even more terrifying for their enemies. There are  plenty of EAC branch offices outside of Korea... There are EAC agents I've never met or heard of embedded all over the world. Nk matter where I run, I'm sure they'll come after me.

(If I can't escape, I'd at least like to see my family, but recklessly going to visit them would probably only put them in danger. I'd like to the think the agency is too honorable to hurt civilians, but I'd rather not cross that bridge and find out for sure.)

I must be in a sentimental mood. It takes me a second to notice when a European car silently pulls up beside me.

(That was fast. Don't tell me they're already on to me...)

I'm about to try and give the car the slip when the window next to me rolls down.

Taehyung: Fancy meeting you here, Areum.

Me: Taehyung...!?

Taehyung: You're so on edge... It's like you're being chased or something. Why don't you get in? Don't worry, my intentions are pure. Let me give you a ride to where you're going.

(Did Jimin put him up to this?)

However, if the way Jimin was acting earlier is any indication, he's not going to try and capture or kill me. And Taehyung thinks I'm Jimin's girlfriend. Turning him down now would only make him suspicious and cause me more problems. Although I hesitate for a moment, I give Taehyung a little nod and get it.

Taehyung: Alright. I'll take you anywhere. Where do you want to go?

Me: Ok... Do you think you could bring me to Momoyama?

Taehyung: In the mood for some fresh sushi?

Me: Something like that.

And so, the car quietly pulls off. Sitting in the luxury vehicle's plush back seat, Taehyung smiles wryly and crosses his legs.

Taehyung: You know, I hate to see woman walking alone at night. What were you doing out there at this hour? Hah, I guess that's kind of a nosy thing to ask. Were you on your way back from Jimin's place?

Me: Yeah...

Taehyung: Unbelievable. Who would throw their girlfriend out on the streets at this time of night? That guy's crazy.

Me: We had a fight. It's my fault.

Taehyung: No, it's Jimin's fault.

Me: How can you be so sure?

Taehyung: Because, you look really upset.

(What?)

Taehyung: ...Haha, just kidding.

Although Taehyung is smiling, it's impossible to tell what he's really thinking. Like Jimin and Jungkook, I can't let my guard down around this guy. Regardless, he doesn't pry too deep.

Taehyung: Well, we're here. Need a sushi buddy for the evening?

Me: It's sweet of you to offer, but I'll have to take a rain check.