11

Me: Great... It really did stop.

I'm finally able to relax back at my place after the party, when looking down at my favorite watch, now broken, I let out a deep sign. It must have happened then... I broke it when I hit it on the table.. Rubbing the face, I try winding the watch, but it remains froze in time. What am I going to do? I always loved this watch. I inherited the timepiece from my mom. She fell in love with it the second she laid eyes on it at a little watch store in Milan years ago on her honeymoon. It's an antique, and I don't know the maker. A normal watch shop probably won't be able to fix it. Just then, I get a video call from the boss. I quickly sit down at my dresser, and a portion of the mirror transforms into a monitor.

Boss: Hello there, Y/N. How are you getting along?

Me: Hi, Boss. The party went smoothly. I don't have any major changes to report for the time being, but I have an idea of where Code 007 may be being stored, and I'm laying the groundwork to make my next move.

Boss: An idea, you say?

Me: There's a door I can't open at Jimin's place. It's not as simple as just picking a lock, so I'm going to have a talk with our mechanic and see if he can help me out.

Boss: Understood. I hope he has good news for you.

Me: Also, it seems very likely that Jimin's parents are dead. I met Lee Felix, the Felix CEO, at the party tonight. He mentioned an incident 'under the Han River Bridge' that upset Jimin.

Boss: Hmm, sound like we're closing in on the the details of his past. I'll look into the Han River thing. Take it easy tonight.

The calls ends, and I slump back in my chair. Gazing down at the watch I'm holding. I realize something. That's right. A normal watch shop wouldn't be able to fix this, but our mechanic could. Tomorrow's my first day off in a while. I was going to lay low with some Netflix and ice cream, but I think I'll go pay Shige a visit and see is he can fix my watch.

The next day, I pay a visit to a quaint little old watch shop on the back streets of Myungdong. Although the sign out front says the store is closed, I open the door without hesitation.

Me: Hello.

???: I know that voice... Is that my favorite fledgling agent, Y/N.

Me: Shige... Don't you think it's about time you give the 'fledgling' shtick a rest?

Old Man Shige: From where I stand, you kids are all still just a bunch of baby chicks with pieces of shell stuck to your butt.

His name is Kim Yong Chul, but everyone calls him Old Man Shige. Although he owns this watch shop, it's just a front for his real job. He's actually EAC's head mechanic. Despite his stubborn, uncooperative nature, his skills are unparalleled. Shige specializes in intelligence gathering tools.

Old Man Shige: A hoodie and jeans again? Don't get all gussied up on account of me. Just so you know, I still haven't gotten to the locked door thing you asked me to look into.

Me: Thanks, but I'm actually here for something else entirely today. My watch broke. I was hoping you could take a look at it.

Old Man Shige: A watch, you say?

Shige opens up my watch the second I hand it to him. After using a special watchmaker magnifying glass to check the gears, he lets out a frustrated sigh.

Old Man Shige: How did it break?

Me: Oh, well... There was a little accident.

Memories of what went down between Jimin and me last night spring to life in my mind, and I shake my head a little.